Darts

Started by 5 day lifespan, April 18, 2003, 06:39:56 PM

Can anyone tell me if playing darts goes off of gambling, throwing, or is just random?  And can I get some suggestions how I can bluff at darts?  You can bluff at cards and hustle at pool by sounding like a newbie, then taking all the cash at the critical bet, is there a way to do this with darts IC, too, or emote it?  Thanks.

5 day lifespan
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Quote from: "5 day lifespan"Can anyone tell me if playing darts goes off of gambling, throwing, or is just random?  And can I get some suggestions how I can bluff at darts?  You can bluff at cards and hustle at pool by sounding like a newbie, then taking all the cash at the critical bet, is there a way to do this with darts IC, too, or emote it?  

I believe both the Throw skill and your Agility factor in, plus a random factor and maybe some other stuff like wisdom.  

As for hustling . . . I'm not sure, you'll have to experiment.  Try holding the dart with your main hand and your off hand, that might make a difference.  Collect darts from accross the known world, some darts may be implicitly more accurate than others.  I don't know, I haven't played with it, but there may be controlable factors involved.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It would be cool if someone looking -at- you couldn't necessarily tell "primary" from "secondary" hand....  Maybe a handedness system wouldn't be too hard to implement?

I don't think its very good rp to act like a newbie when playing to make other players think you are one so that you can scam them when in fact your tricking them ooc'ly... ^takes a deep breath^ yeah, but what do I know.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I think he meant a newbie at the particular game.

And yes, my handedness system would be splendid.

:twisted:
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I agree handed-ness would be good. But it isn't likely to be implemented anytime soon. Last time handed-ness was discussed, the Imm said they didn't want to try to implement it because it would require changes in the application code as well as combat code.

I think an easy way to implement a way to play badly at darts would be "throw dart <target>" so you could do "throw dart king" or "throw dart slave" you get the idea ;)

Why wouldnt it be ok to look like a newbie for scamming?  People do it in movies all the time: "Hey!  Are you guys playing poker?  Ive always wanted to learn.  Cut me in?"  Then proceeds to wipe the floor with them.  The targeting thing would be a great idea for that sort of thing, or maybe some kind of bluff command, but that would be better for actual gambling.
 Im trying to learn new ways to do that whole "Stealing Elf" thing without theft, and gambling scams are some of the best ways.  Not to mention... well thats a Kruth idea, and Im not telling... heheh, now I just need a group of elvish Gamblers...  Maybe one named Chow Yon Fat, and he could be the God of Gamblers...
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

They thought you meant like a 'Newbie to Armageddon'
i.e. "hey can i play wit u guyz' 'dartz is the 5hizzle' 'i bid 5000 coins'
like you dont understand the game and lure people into a false sense of character, or whatever, and then end up knowing how to play, etc, and beating them.