I wanna get wasted dammit!

Started by Qzzrbl, December 20, 2007, 10:44:46 PM

Draining a bottle of wine in three drinks is unacceptable.  >:(

I agree.

You should be able to get a realistic number of drinks from containers. The thirst cured per drink should be less, but should be supplemented by the ability to drink, in one action, as much as you need from an item or, until the container is empty.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yeah, I kinda always disliked how mugs are usually one drink, or two at most, and bottles are like two or three times that. I've always pictured 'drink' as a hearty swig, and sometimes you're playing a character who just doesn't sip.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

And if one were to go out and buy a bottle of wine, it could be assumed that at least -some- level of intoxication can be gained? It's too hard to get characters drunk.  :'(

Wind up going through two small's worth (4 bottles) of wine to get a reasonable buzz going, at least in the area my character's in.

The whole drinking code needs to be reworked - I've been drunk many a time, and I don't remember ever having as much trouble walking as my characters do. In fact, I don't think I've ever fallen down due to drunkenness.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Just get a bottle of flame eh?

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

To make matters uglier, if you do manage to get drunk, you can drink so much that you can stay drunk for days because there is no cap on how drunk you can get.  I one time got so wasted I was drunk for over 5 IG days.  By the third day I just said screw it, found a spot to idle, change me ldesc to "is curled up in a ball looking ill" and just idled while screwing around in the Internet.  Not fun.  The entire drinking, drunk, and food code could use a solid make over.  It is also silly that your damned skinny waif like 'rinther can't be satisfied unless he has had half a dozen steaks.

Actually Rindan, you pass out.  So I think yours was an occasion that was not supposed to happen on regular basis.

But for what it is worth, yeah.  Booze is finishing too fast and you don't get drunk easy.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 20, 2007, 11:25:15 PM
And if one were to go out and buy a bottle of wine, it could be assumed that at least -some- level of intoxication can be gained? It's too hard to get characters drunk.  :'(

Wind up going through two small's worth (4 bottles) of wine to get a reasonable buzz going, at least in the area my character's in.

This is mostly due to the tolerance code. I like that it's there, but it may be just a bit easy to build up, and a bit too severe in both ends. My recent character got intoxicated from one glass of wine because he rarely drank, whereas one of my previous characters who was a long-lived tough-guy with the mercenary subguild and a really high endurance could go through something like twelve shots of whiskey before he even started to feel anything.

December 20, 2007, 11:46:13 PM #9 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:48:30 PM by DANCE COMMANDER
The Triple Six

Recipe: 1 part Sambuca, 1 part Jack Daniels, 1 part Tequila

Hell only burns only once. This drink burns thrice.

Danger! Danger! In the morning, you will shit fire.
the lines are drawn
the orders are in
the dance commander's
ready to sin
radio message from hq
dance commander
we love you

What?

I think we need commands like chug and devour - the abilities to consume a drink/food object in one round.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 21, 2007, 04:43:03 AM
I think we need commands like chug and devour - the abilities to consume a drink/food object in one round.

<3

Please make inebriation pass with offline time.

Sometimes I really can't play out the 12598 IG days it takes to sober up and have to log off, only to log in at a totally inappropriate time to be drunk off my rocker..  :'(
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on December 22, 2007, 03:58:39 AM
Please make inebriation pass with offline time.

Sometimes I really can't play out the 12598 IG days it takes to sober up and have to log off, only to log in at a totally inappropriate time to be drunk off my rocker..  :'(

I disagree with it being to hard to get drunk.. As I've gotten plastered, piss drunk before.. ICly, Just suspose the drink really matters.. Wine? Bah, a pussy drink! Get some whiskey boy!  8)

I do agree here.
Say bob was "Plastered", bob goes offline for a day or two.. Even the night and most the next days morning..Good amount of time IG.. Now WHY? is bob still plastered IC?! Now -who- is still drunk after two weeks? Unless I kept drinking, when I was offline to get even more plastered. But, by the end of the first week of that much drinking.. I doubt I could lift a bottle! :P
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."