Send More Kudos!

Started by Troicha, December 16, 2007, 02:11:46 AM

Temp CGP Discussion Got me thinking...

Quote from: Is Friday on December 17, 2007, 06:51:46 AM
People should keep making these topics, because I forget unless someone mentions it on the GDB.

*sends kudos*

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I always make it a point to do this. For staff and players alike... 

The feedback loop on this game can be very slow, and I don't think people understand how encouraging a simple kudos can be, especially for a new player whose trying very hard to level up their game.

I love dying for all them yummy kudos.  But I agree: karma schmarma, kudos are where it is at!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Oddly, I get most of mine over the lives of my characters, I really should send more out.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I've given a few kudoses but never recieved any, heh.
Must be nice ;D
I wonder how many kudoses get sent a month? ???
I'm assuming some people never bother with them and others do.
yousuck

From Dec 29- Jan 4, 4 Kudos went through. From Jan 5 - Jan 11, 11 Kudos went through. From Jan 12 - Jan 18, 2 Kudos went through. From Jan 19 - Jan 22, 4 Kudos went through.

In total, that would be 21 Kudos in the past 25 days.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I suspect the numbers might be off, since there was a vacation backlog, but that's impressive all the same!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: bcw81 on January 22, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
From Dec 29- Jan 4, 4 Kudos went through. From Jan 5 - Jan 11, 11 Kudos went through. From Jan 12 - Jan 18, 2 Kudos went through. From Jan 19 - Jan 22, 4 Kudos went through.

In total, that would be 21 Kudos in the past 25 days.
That's interesting to note. Would you be able to provide examples? (assuming they don't give away IC info, or a summary of what any of them say? e.g. Good roleplay during scene, good understanding of gameworld or whatever)
yousuck

I just got those from the completed requests on the main page.

http://armageddon.org/updates/

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

I should probably send more in...the amount of helpful people/people who aren't shitting on me for being new is astonishing.
BC is probably my favorite, though it is his job to deal with my stupidity, doesn't mean I can't love him though.

Quote from: Jihelu on February 06, 2015, 11:16:55 PM
I should probably send more in...the amount of helpful people/people who aren't shitting on me for being new is astonishing.
BC is probably my favorite, though it is his job to deal with my stupidity, doesn't mean I can't love him though.
<3

(Also this job gives me first dibs on your boots.)

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

What request type are you supposed to use for kudos? Only thing that seemed relevant was "staff kudos" in the list of request types for a new request.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: bcw81 on February 07, 2015, 12:20:24 AM
<3

I'll never die, you just watch.

Quote from: Jihelu on February 07, 2015, 12:48:28 AM
<3

If you don't die, you're not playing hard enough.   8)
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on February 07, 2015, 12:55:20 AM
<3

you ain't trying if your not dying!

Thanks metekillot. Loved playing with your cranky old guy by the way. You probably don't remember him.

I don't recall ever playing a character over twenty-five, besides the one?

Welp, that's another mystery suddenly thrown my way.

Since I've started playing (June of last year) I've recieved 2 kudos and 1 point of karma, And
I think I have to agree with the folks that say Kudos > Karma in the feels. That may change
as I play more and become a 'veteran' player, wanting to play the bigger Karma classes and
whatnot. But as a newer player, receiving a 'thumbs up' from other players for my Pc's is
a real confidence boost. Especially because the Kudos I've gotten were for the two Characters
that I actually enjoyed playing, it was really cool to know that at least one other person that
played with them also enjoyed their time with my PCs almost as much as I liked playing them.
Also, some of the things that were said in the Kudoses (Kudosi?) were aspects of my PC that
I didn't even expect people to notice or consider as positives. It's really awesome to see another
persons interpretation of your character, and know that they liked playing with them especially
when it's so unexpected.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I once got kudos twice for the same character. I'll never have a pc that cool again. Before that I got kudos once I believe. I'm about 60% certain of these statistics, I've been playing too long to remember distinctly.

Quote from: Majikal on February 07, 2015, 12:55:20 AM
<3

If dying is cool, then consider me Rob Stark!  (Too soon?)

Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

February 10, 2015, 05:42:27 PM #147 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:44:30 PM by IAmJacksOpinion
On the subject of Kudos and Death (and Majickal, iirc.)

My favorite set of Kudos came from when a group of Red Fangs (I believe Majickal and his merry band of bandits) found my Oashi Elite pokin' around in a cave in the shield wall and tried to capture me. We fought, and ran, and played American Galdiators - emote fighting on a climbing wall, and fell for quite a while. I fought them to the bitter end (purely through RP - I dont recall "kill" being used ever) and died, but it was such a fun scene I sent out kudos, and received 2 myself.

Quote from: IAmJacks to RedFangzsters
Just got tortured to death by three Red Fangs. It was freakin' sweet! Best death in years. -the diminutive, one-eyed elf -the pitch-dark, skull-braided elf -the dusky, dark-braided elf <- This guy especially. I emoted trying to reverse head-butt him while he was subduing me and he went with it and ACTUALLY released me, allowing me to hobble along and RP to further before I met my inevitable d00m. Great time.

Quote from: Red Fang to IAmJacks
A very awesomelicious scene although it had to end badly, but kudos to you for your avid participation. You've rped realistically and brilliantly even when pressured in a very nerve-wrecking scene. A very fantastic player :D

Quote from: Red-Fang Standing By to IAmJacks
That whole scene was absolutely brilliant, it went on forever I think because nobody involved wanted to see it end.

Memorable and glorious. You brought so much to the scene and just seeing so much awesome happen without solely the use of coded skills added so much flavor to the game in my eyes. Your headbutt I think sewn it up for me as the best scene I've been a part of for years. I'm sorry it ended with your pc seeing the great mantis head in the sky but I do hope that the end of his story was a memorable one.

Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I still have this log and it's still the best/most fun pk I was involved in, ever. And it's MAJIKAL bitch. Spell it right.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

February 10, 2015, 06:02:09 PM #149 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:09:14 PM by Desertman
I find I get kudos for certain characters and then for other characters they pass without a single bit of notice.

One of my favorite characters that lived a long time and was "deeper" and more interesting in my opinion than most if not all others I have had got only a single kudos in his entire life. He was around for over a RL year. The only kudos he received was two short sentences about one little thing he did.

I had another character that I felt wasn't nearly as deep that got six kudos and he lived half as long.

Most kudos I ever got for a single character was eleven, the character lived about eight months, and again, he wasn't as deep as some others I have played in my opinion that never got a single kudos.

People, send me more kudos for my deep introspective emotional characters. I need to balance some shit out. Thx.

Edited to Add: After reading this, I realize the problem might be I'm not a very good "emotional/introspective" roleplayer even though I think I am...hrrmmm.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.