Gemmed and Slavery

Started by Southie, December 05, 2007, 11:17:53 PM

Quote from: Mood on February 28, 2008, 06:14:53 PM
I think he's asking if they're still running around in silks, pretending to be nobles.

This brings up a more general question. Are silks for nobles only (and for aides when the nobles decide to dress them up)?

Who else can wear them without being seen as a social pretender?
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on February 28, 2008, 06:19:55 PM
I think he's asking if they're still running around in silks, pretending to be nobles.

This brings up a more general question. Are silks for nobles only (and for aides when the nobles decide to dress them up)?

Who else can wear them without being seen as a social pretender?

Templars, merchants, important slaves, anybody else a noble or templar decides to dress up, and f-mes.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Personally, I'd like to see it restricted to nobles, templars, high-ranking (blood) merchants, some slaves, and concubines.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on February 28, 2008, 06:35:02 PM
Personally, I'd like to see it restricted to nobles, templars, high-ranking (blood) merchants, some slaves, and concubines.

It's more fun to just play one of those people and beat the crap out of pretenders if you don't like the way they dress.

So play a Fale and abuse your authority by playing fashion police. Seriously. It'd be sweet.

Quote from: ale six on February 28, 2008, 06:40:39 PM

It's more fun to just play one of those people and beat the crap out of pretenders if you don't like the way they dress.

This is pretty much how a lot of 'bad' decisions that find their way to public notice should be addressed.

Things like half elves who are too chummy with your sister, the variations are nearly limitless.

No idea, in that case. The last gemmer I saw running around in silks, and dressing his gemmer girlfriend up in silks, was years ago... and I suspected he had good IC reasons for it.

The buxom, rosy-cheeked half-giant covers both of her large round eyes, refusing to look at any gemmers. It makes people blind, they say.