Attribute Prioritization

Started by Bushranger, November 02, 2007, 08:39:58 AM

Agility, Strength, Endurance, Intelligence (skills + languages) and Aura (mana + natural defense against magick)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Strength, agility, endurance, intelligence and a magical attunement score that is not pregenerated, but developed through play by magically-aligned characters.

January 16, 2008, 07:43:44 PM #52 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:48:43 PM by Qzzrbl
Strength- How much shit you can carry. How hard you hit.
Agility- How fast one can run. How quickly one can attack.
Dexterity- How adept one is with his hands. How good one is with crafting or lockpicking, pickpocketing, stuff like that. Climbing. Could also tie in with one's weapon finesse?
Wisdom- How smart one is. Determines things like how much mana one has, how powerful one's magick/mindbending powers are and how quickly one can learn things. Could play a part in determining stun points.
Willpower- How mentally tough (for lack of better words) one is. Determines resistance to magick/mindworms and stun points.
Endurance- How much physical wear and tear one's body can take. Determines HP and Stamina points.

Maybe we can go with something like this?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 16, 2008, 07:43:44 PM
Strength- How much shit you can carry. How hard you hit.
Agility- How fast one can run. How quickly one can attack.
Dexterity- How adept one is with his hands. How good one is with crafting or lockpicking, pickpocketing, stuff like that. Climbing. Could also tie in with one's weapon finesse?
Wisdom- How smart one is. Determines things like how much mana one has, how powerful one's magick/mindbending powers are and how quickly one can learn things. Could play a part in determining stun points.
Willpower- How mentally tough (for lack of better words) one is. Determines resistance to magick/mindworms and stun points.
Endurance- How much physical wear and tear one's body can take. Determines HP and Stamina points.

Maybe we can go with something like this?

This list makes the most sense to me, and I like it the best. Also, I believe, this list is the favored of many different RPG's.

Yes....its the list I'd use.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I have a feeling that the stat system for Arm 2.0 was chosen a long time ago, anyway.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Splitting dexterity and agility is very important to me.  I just can't understand why the same stat dictates how well I can pick a lock or lift a coin pouch -and- how well I dodge or how often I can attack.  Moving your entire body quickly utilizes agility and using your hands deftly utilizes dexterity (using most RPG definitions), and I hope this is adopted by Armageddon.  Other distinctions, like adding constitution (health) to strength (weight restrictions) and endurance (stamina), intelligence (learning rate) and willpower (psi or mana) to wisdom (skill caps and starting) , or charisma (NPC reactions) I can take or leave... But I don't see how they would hurt anything...
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!