What goes with a HRPT?

Started by My 2 sids, October 28, 2007, 12:21:53 PM

I wonder if you guys know that through reading this thread I, someone who wasn't there, can learn a great deal about the RPT... that's probably IC...

I mean, it's great to know considering the North won't hear of it for months, but...

hmm.

I think the level of IC info in this thread is fine ... granted, it would be great if there were no clues at all, but there's a line where you have to begin blurring. I mean, only the people who were there really know what happened.

We have to be able to speak about things in some manner, I think. And I don't think anything here validates real concern about the spread of IC info.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

KUDOS! Great great time staff thank you
All I could do (front liner) Highlight the words you and your and watch the Hit points prompt.....
AS for mood one word COFFEE!

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"I think the level of IC info in this thread is fine ... granted, it would be great if there were no clues at all, but there's a line where you have to begin blurring. I mean, only the people who were there really know what happened.

We have to be able to speak about things in some manner, I think. And I don't think anything here validates real concern about the spread of IC info.

Yeah, I mean from a player enjoyment stand-point the HRPT has to have some kind of outlet.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I had no idea there was an HRPT.  FTL.  When Ourla told me there was a big RPT I didn't realize she meant a freakin' HRPT! :P

Oh well... I was in Tuluk anyway, so apaprently I would have missed the fun regardless.

For the record, it was billed as a Southlands RPT.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: "Southie"Re: Magick and mundane, the PCs involved in planning tried to separate all that out somewhat, because some folks like bacon and cheese and fireballs on their baked potato and some don't. I think it worked out well, and I hope nobody felt marginalised or anything because of it?

I thought it worked great.  Occasionally the magick and non-magick groups would cross paths, and even that was fun.

Like when a Templar told some gemmed to cut the shop talk.   :D
Or a mundane guy said something like, "If I change my mind about being wet and glowing I'll let you know."   :lol:

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  Ding!
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls . . .
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Sick sick sick. Thanks staff! Rocking HRPT.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: "Bebop"When Ourla told me there was a big RPT I didn't realize she meant a freakin' HRPT! :P

Surprise.   :twisted:

I take my hat off to you, imms.  Bravo.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Or a mundane guy said something like, "If I change my mind about being wet and glowing I'll let you know."   :lol:

Mundane guy?  Sheesh, and I tried hard not to be.  :(
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

SHUT UP, you're all making me want to play again.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I missed 95% of this. But, from wandering around in the aftermath, the room-building work that went into it was gorgeous. Obviously a lot of time spent getting this ready.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: "Malken"SHUT UP, you're all making me want to play again.

PWNed :P

Where's your WoW now.

Actually... this past weekend was the first time I played in FOREVAR.  And I'm really wanting to play LOTR online because I saw James playing it and it looks alright.  But I digress.

Long live HRPTS and such.

I can't believe that one thing that happened O.O

Quote from: "psionic fungus"

I want more staff-encouraged PvP conflict, damnit!  I want contingencies!

The first HRPT I played in years and years ago there was a significant PVP conflict in the bowels of the Labyrinth. It -was- really fun.

But there was PC conflict and finagling and I'm sure behind the scenes things involving PC's on conflicting sides.

And to answer Benutzcola, I think the PC death count wasn't really all that high, it seemed like most people survived.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: "Bebop"
PWNed :P
I haven't played either in WEEKS, so I'm not PWNed just yet :P
And I have LOTR, but it gets old really quick.

*goes back to shiver, naked, on the cold marble floor*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Enemy casualties- 532
Friendly Deaths- 8
Innocent Bystander deaths that just wanted to be part of it- Priceless.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I don't have the official player bodycount but I am relatively certain it was above fifteen, perhaps twenty.

I also know that staff (myself included) were very busy not only running the HRPT, but checking the application queue in order to allow people to cycle back in through another position if they wanted.

I believe one player actually went through three PCs.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, it was quite an effort on all parts, and provided much amusement with the staff as well.

You all did an excellent job!

Is there any doubt as to why Armageddon is the best RPI in existence?

No, no, I think not.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: "Shalooonsh"I also know that staff (myself included) were very busy not only running the HRPT, but checking the application queue in order to allow people to cycle back in through another position if they wanted.

Oh, I didn't think of that. That would have been a great idea. I cant churn out character concepts that fast though...I ponder over it too long.
Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Quote from: "Shalooonsh"I don't have the official player bodycount but I am relatively certain it was above fifteen, perhaps twenty.

Yeah, I know of at least 14 PCs that died, myself.

Quote from: "Shalooonsh"Is there any doubt as to why Armageddon is the best RPI in existence?

No, no, I think not.

Totally agree.

About Tuluk: What happened in the south was so big, I think it's very likely y'all will be getting the highlights soon. Ask your friendly neighborhood Lirathan or Jihaen for details, if you dare.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Shalooonsh"
I also know that staff (myself included) were very busy not only running the HRPT, but checking the application queue in order to allow people to cycle back in through another position if they wanted.

To fully appreciate this feat, please note that the player in question had characters die not thrice, but six times.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Very impressive. Kudos to all of the players and the members of the staff that made this possible. I've never truly been fully apart of an HRPT or RPT and this was an awesome one to experience fully. Just makes me sad that I missed so many before. I had a wonderful time, and thank you again for making all of this possible.

- Matt.

Whoever did the small bit with the gith and the Tuluki - you know who you are.

That was cool.  Kudos.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

HRPT= High Rate of PlayerCharacter Termination

Groovy times.
Thank you to all who made it a great HRPT.

HRPT snack?  Moe Fugga's Malt Liquor and Dee's Nuts

Music:
Standard HRPT:  Suicidal Tendencies, Ministry, NIN
HRPT w/ undead:  Bad Brainz, Rob Zombie and Cradle of Filth
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

HRPT was ultimately kick ass all-around, just to add my bit.

snack? I didn't eat for like a week... But something with sugar - mountain dew most likely.

Music? Something cheesy with heroic synthesizers blaring in the background, or a somber note to it, because I love cheese, all around.

QuoteWhoever did the small bit with the gith and the Tuluki - you know who you are.

That was cool. Kudos.

You're welcome.  Couldn't let the Naki have ALL the fun, could we?
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill