Recording History

Started by Sanvean, August 02, 2007, 08:23:30 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the new video. Merry Christmas to you too!

Here's a short one I did a few months ago. I wasn't happy with the sound quality but I never really got around to recording another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

I must be one of the very few people who listen to that song all the way through when they get 'roll'd'. I actually enjoy it. It's like the rare occurrence of finding a twenty in my pocket.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 08, 2007, 09:29:31 AM
I must be one of the very few people who listen to that song all the way through when they get 'roll'd'. I actually enjoy it. It's like the rare occurrence of finding a twenty in my pocket.

I do too. It's all about the video for me, though. Who can resist those dance moves and cheezy smiles?

Sanvean: Really dug the bedtime story. Happy Holidays!

Quote from: Throttle on December 08, 2007, 03:27:09 AM
Here's a short one I did a few months ago. I wasn't happy with the sound quality but I never really got around to recording another.
I just want everyone to know that I'm the black dude in Throttle's video. They caught me off-guard after I realized I branched a new skill on my character.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I really liked that story Sanvean, it made me laugh IRL. Never heard about it thanks!

Sanvean, if you're lurking, I have a question about your latest video:

When you say, "Staff cannot build custom items for their avatars," does that extend to ordering custom items from master crafters?

Idle curiousity.

As I sit quietly in the middle of the desert, spam-crafting me some wagons, I was wondering, what exactly makes one a "Master Crafter" ?

Does one have to be in a House to be considered a master crafter?

You have to have a crafting skill maxed.

Quote from: Adiadochokinesis on January 17, 2008, 05:30:45 PM
You have to have a crafting skill maxed.

It's a good thing that I can see when my crafting skills are maxed, then.

I have seen mentioned in previous threads that you are allowed to ask if you are capable of producing custom objects when you think you are ready.

Quote from: Troicha on January 17, 2008, 05:02:22 PM
When you say, "Staff cannot build custom items for their avatars," does that extend to ordering custom items from master crafters?

Staff can order master-crafter items, because that's something players can also do.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

If you think you have achieved master crafter type skills with something, subject a request and we'll confirm it or not.

Troicha,  I think you're asking whether a character played by a staff member can approach a master crafter run by a non-staff player and commission an item? 

I would be fine with that as long as they're not involved with the staff side of the item's production at all, i.e. they're not the person checking. building, or having the item approved.

Once again, good v-blog. :) Keep it up, Sanvean.

Resurrecting this thread because there were lots of good videos in it and I just rediscovered them.  I think some new players would be interested in seeing them for the first time.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

More please.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Malken on December 08, 2007, 02:30:08 PM
Quote from: Throttle on December 08, 2007, 03:27:09 AM
I just want everyone to know that I'm the black dude in Throttle's video. They caught me off-guard after I realized I branched a new skill on my character.

>:(

Fucking rick rolled a year later...

Priceless.

Sanvean, it would be nifty if you could manage to produce a new video ... love listening to things from a different aspect.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870