Barbarians...

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, April 01, 2003, 06:33:06 AM

Skulls, or no?

Yes. Skulls and/or heads should be able to be 'beaded' and preserved.
14 (43.8%)
Yes, skulls and/or heads should be able to be preserved.
13 (40.6%)
Yes, skulls and/or heads should be able to be beaded.
2 (6.3%)
No to either option.
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: April 01, 2003, 06:33:06 AM

I think I brought this up once before, but here it is again, with a few revisions.

Skulls.

mul skulls, giant skulls, rodent skulls....skulls.

While the last time I sugested the 'beading' of skulls on bone chains or leather cords, why not make it one skull?

In my mud we have sizes for things. Perhaps this could dictate how many skulls you could place on this chain. A human skull, one. A vestric skull? Like, ten. I would really like to seen this imped, perhaps along the lines of the charmstring code. It is certianly not as important as restoring the d-elf's supreme running skills, but I think it would be a great addition to the culture portion of the game.

If we can't have the skull-string code, can we at least be able to have skulls that stay perserved? PCs and NPCs alike should be able to have their skulls taken. I mean, a bounty hunter could have a collection, and could always show up with the head, like he should be able too.

You clean of the skull of the lanky, long-haired man.
You picked the skull of the lanky, long-haired man.

Don't tell me most tribes would not keep prizes from their battles. Tribals are some of the first to collect skulls and heads.

Well?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'd like to be able to gather skulls, but not 'the skull of the one-legged man' or 'the skull of the violet-eyed woman'. Just 'a human skull', 'an elven skull', 'a half-elven skull' 'a gith skull' 'a half-giant skull'... yadda, yadda.

As gruesome as this sounds, maybe it could just use the craft skill? :D

You pick up the head of the illustrious, pudgy noble.

craft head
You could make this into a human skull.

You begin slicing off flesh and tissue from the head of the illustrious, pudgy noble.

Removing rotted skin, tissue, and clotted blood, you reveal a human skull.

:shock:

I dunno, I haven't had my coffee yet.

I have had the exact same idea. I can't remember if I posted it or not tho. I don't think we'd be able to tell who's skull was who's tho.

I'm wondering how long heads last though. It seems they don't last long, and are probably like corpses and don't last even in a players inventory. Which kind of sucks... And makes bounty hunting hard. You should be able to tell who's head is who's. And making them preservable would be cool. Some well known long lived bounty hunter has a room full of shelves with all sorts of heads that he has collected over the years... Be creepy, but cool. Maybe the head of a 'kore mounted on the wall.

Creeper who likes the skull idea too.
21sters Unite!

Actually, I'd like to see a number of body bones implemented.  This is sort of along the lines of Dune, from which Arm has strong similarity.  The whole "your waters will be added to ours" notion of having nothing to spare, not even the bones of the dead.  The leg bones of your dead D-elf comrad (couldn't outrun a kank hehehe  :P ) are turned into arrows to hunt down game for the tribe.

Or perhaps, as a great plot, you make arrows of your dead comrad's bones and go hunt down the fool who killed them.

On a side note It just makes sense - tribes in the real world had a "nothing goes to waste" mentality to nature, using every component of an animal.  Could possibly carry over to some tribes in Arm, or particularly sadistic revenge killers.

QuoteOn a side note It just makes sense - tribes in the real world had a "nothing goes to waste" mentality to nature, using every component of an animal. Could possibly carry over to some tribes in Arm, or particularly sadistic revenge killers.

But, normally most tribes in the real world very rarely desicrated bodies of their own. Had specific burial/burning processes, and even if they left the dead of others they'd take a trophy and leave the rest for the animals. Elves bones might be light enough for an arrow but I don't think humans are... I don't know.shrug.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Creeper, aren't you gone yet?

:wink:
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

Quote from: "RideTheDivide"Creeper, aren't you gone yet?
Worse than athlete's foot.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Hey hey hey! And you people say *I* derail discussions.

And yes it takes multiple treatments to kill me. Maybe.

Anyways. Still think skulls and preservable heads would be cool. Not shrinkable heads, just preservable.

Yea yeah.

Creeper the collector of cremated creatures.
21sters Unite!

I came up with a similiar idea once with taxidermy. I created a whole taxidermy idea with all sorts of things. The Imm I told it to seemed pretty interested in it. Doubt anything will be done with it though.

I love the skull idea. Perhaps it'd use the skin skill? (not skin eatable parts though, just bones and whatnot. I remember an Imm mentioning something about not liking people to be skinnable for eating objects due to the fact everyone would turn into cannibals. Although females are food-makers with their baby-making ability).