Treat Crafting Recipes like Magick Spells

Started by Angela Christine, June 22, 2007, 08:42:45 PM

I don't believe the suggestions of the OP or you have been implemented, no.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I think the help files note some basic crafting recipes, unlike 2007 or so. I remember it because I would completely avoid all crafting when I first started playing, but it's not so bad now, thanks to the help file.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I'm sure it's been said here already. If you read a helpfile of any crafting skill, it mentions some recipies right off the bat.

I kinda like the OP's idea.

Not because it might give a good starter recipe to grind up or anything, but because it might pull a ton of badass crafts out of limbo.

One could ask the staff for a few 'lost' recipes after reaching master level in a skill. Call it inspiration or what not, it could maybe use up a mastercraft item request, but instead of creating one new item, you get three random, already existing but lost items in the mastered skill.

I like things how they are, but would be happy to see items return to the game.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on April 05, 2011, 07:38:24 AM
One could ask the staff for a few 'lost' recipes after reaching master level in a skill. Call it inspiration or what not, it could maybe use up a mastercraft item request, but instead of creating one new item, you get three random, already existing but lost items in the mastered skill.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Would you care to send it in through the request tool as a suggestion, BleakOne?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I like things how they are, but would be happy to see items return to the game.

This.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on April 05, 2011, 06:40:28 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Would you care to send it in through the request tool as a suggestion, BleakOne?

I wouldn't mind at all, except I can't find how to offer non-GDB-related suggestions via the request tool.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Website -> Idea, maybe?
There isn't a game -> idea, I don't think.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on April 05, 2011, 10:53:23 PM
Website -> Idea, maybe?

Try going in game and entering
>IDEA "yourideagoesherebutwithoutquotes"

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on April 05, 2011, 11:36:05 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on April 05, 2011, 10:53:23 PM
Website -> Idea, maybe?

Try going in game and entering
>IDEA "yourideagoesherebutwithoutquotes"

Do this.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Done, thanks for the help.   :)

Quote from: Ceryni on June 24, 2007, 08:23:09 PM
QuoteTreat Crafting Recipes like Magick Spells

A wizened, grey-haired individual looks down to an enthusiastic young man and whispers, "So...you want to learn how to make cookies? First things first, come to some secluded mountain so that we don't get caught and make sure you don't accidentally set my dog on fire with your amazing fireball of barbecuing. "

Sorry, odd mental image there.
[/quote]

This is lovely.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!