Tiredness and mounts

Started by Carduus, March 27, 2003, 02:00:44 PM

Okay, picture this. You've just committed the crime of the century, and are booking it out of the city with the authorities on your trail. You're spurring your kank on to run, desperate to get away. You look at your kank during the mad dash, and all it says is that he's in excellent condition. A moment later, he stops dead in his tracks from being over-tired. You're caught and killed on the spot when the authorities catch up to you, the look of bewildered confusion still plastered on your face.

What happened here? Did the kank get to this point because you weren't thinking? No. It's because you apparently can't tell how tired a mount is unless it's resting. Why is this? I'd propose that when you look at mounts, under their condition should be a blurb like you see when they're rested. "A yellow kank looks winded.", or somesuch.

It seems logical to me that it'd be even easier to tell if a mount was tired if you were riding it, due to factors like slumping, heavy breathing, labored steps, and so on, so logically, it'd make sense. Likewise, it's useful in situations of desperation, when you need to know when your mount is going to give out and you're going to have to run alone soon. Is this a viable idea? Or is there a command I'm not seeing that already gives this info?

The "assess" command accomplishes this goal nicely.

Bleh. Maybe I should start posting in the newbie questions board again. :P