This is funny :) (there's a serious question actually)

Started by I R K00L, March 23, 2003, 07:24:25 PM

Thin, glossy black silk has been shaped into a luscious bodice.  It fits
tightly, like a second skin, over the body of the wearer.  Wavy black lace
trims the edges of the bodice, and over the stomach, a long oval has been
cut out of the silk from side to side and replaced by lace.  The body
reaches down between the legs and up with two thin lace-straps over the
shoulders, hiding the most private sectors of a female body, but giving
blatant hints at what is to be found beneath.  The decolletage is low, and
the holes made for legs cut high up on the hips.  
It looks like it will fit you.
A skin-tight, black silk bodice can be worn on the torso.

And mudsex isn't a good thing.  :roll:

Okay okay, joking aside, I had a serious question involving clothing!

Custom clothing via different seamstresses/seamsters(?)

Perhaps this is in effect and I don't know about it, but perhaps individual PC's could complete their own unique items, like along the lines of how some clans have things craftable to them only?

Like for example,

Netted, Black linen stockings.

These long, thigh-length stockings have been designed to fit tight to the wearer's legs. There is no real features to them, save the entire stocking has been weaved in a mesh-like pattern, making them appear almost more like a net, than stockings. The toes of each stocking are solid however, padded with a bit of extra linen for comfort.

>analyze stockings
A pair of netted, black-linen stockings were made using a length of black linen.

Value stockings
A pair of netted, black-linen stockings look to be worth about Donald Trump's home in sid.
Upon careful examination, you notice that a pair of netted, black-linen stockings appear to be the work of Seamstress Gen-Mazar.

--------------------------------------

Something along those lines, where your own personal creations can only be crafted by yourself, unless through Imm intervention, you teach another the secret of your ware?

And not really to make easy money either, perhaps most merchants won't even buy your wares, which make them a thing you make for yourself, or to sell only amongst other PC's?

Or perhaps this would be way too taxing on the Imm's and I'm thinking too hard? lolz. I sowwie if that's the case!  :oops:

There are two ways this could be done:

1) Code functionality added to enable PC's to do things without help.  This will not happen.  It is not only prone to abuse, but the real problem lies in keeping continuity and keeping things uniform.  A lot goes into QC here, and immortals have to go through it before things are made public; mortals would have to do the same, for the exact same reasons.

2) Put an immortal or immortal team in charge of this.  This, also, would not happen.  It would require specialized code written specifically for that person (though perhaps an array could be used) and would require *constant* supervision, moreso than a clan.  This, too, is likely to not happen.

Interesting idea, though - these are just my viewpoints.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I don't know about craftsmans' marks. I just reminds me of Ultima Online...

An exceptional pair of pants, crafted by Small Asian Children

An exceptional battle axe, crafted by The Hands of God

(Just thought I'd throw two of my favorite UO crafting quotes in there)

But anyways, I wouldn't like it if you could see a name in any way. Perhaps a sigil or somesuch. While I'm sure I've seen things like this, they're not from crafting though. It would be cool, but I think best left on a case by case determination, not automatic code.

Id rather not be able to identify items that way, but perhaps an insignia placed on things. like -on the innerside of the right sleeve is a small circle in gold lace. Then you could perhaps ICly ask around about the mark and learn that a trader in the Bazaar puts such on his wares.

Playing a merchant/tailor right now, I really[/i] like the idea...but I'm not sure how it could be implemented, having no idea how the code really works.  It might just be easier in the long run to wish up a design that you'd like to be able to do and have the imms implement that instead.  I know that that has happened.  A custom unique item, on the other hand, that could be wished up in the same way, and would keep the design from use by everyone...but would require wishing up each time you wanted to make something following that design.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.