WTF is up with his

Started by Irathu, March 21, 2003, 11:55:14 AM

What is up with the spear code..... is it fully implemented yet or what.... ive tried for a while now.... im beginning to think the code is either bugged or not implemented plz help me.... and tell me what the fuck is going on ppl.....

Quote from: "Irathu"What is up with the spear code..... is it fully implemented yet or what.... ive tried for a while now.... im beginning to think the code is either bugged or not implemented plz help me.... and tell me what the fuck is going on ppl.....

A clear indication of what you are talking about would be nice.

Spear crafting works, but not every spear has been made craftable.
Throwing a spear works if the target is in the same or adjacent room.  Not all spears can be thrown.
Stabbing someone with a spear works.
Hell, you can even stick a long ass spear in your boot.  Maybe that's the problem you are talking about?

I mean crafting a spear..... or should i say a spearshaft.... if you want me to be more specific

I have tried for over 2 ic months to find materials to make on... i know i have to find it icly but i wanted to know if it was broken or not....

I've never had spearmaking, but it is possible that the material needed to make a spearshaft is not something you can just find.  I know that lumberjacking is able to turn logs into blocks, planks and poles, and that blocks planks and poles can be used in crafts other than woodworking to create other things.  I'm purely guessing, but if you haven't found a spear shaft material yet, it may be that wooden poles would work.  That means you would need to buy the poles, or find someone with the lumberjacking skill to turn logs into poles for you.

I've also seen spears with bone shafts.  I imagine you would need to kill and skin very large creatures to get bones large enough to make a spear shaft.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Heh, was also wondering if something a bit freaky is going on with this too as I must have tried to make a few dozen spearheads now w/no success.  But I'm still assuming I just suck at it quite badly.  ;)
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg

You dont just suck, you seriously rape kank. Lets face it, one day you decide it'll be a good idea to chip a rock into a weapon... lets see you go make a sharp and feasibly good spear head in a dozen tries in RL. I didn't think so. Stick with it, my experience with crafting says around try numer twohundred you dont fail. Of course that means about 150 more tries till you dont fail again... :x
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Heh, thanks for the tip.  However, if you're going to compare this to RL... I'm fairly sure a spear, being the most primitive weapon I can think of short of a club, could be made easily within the first couple of tries.  I'm sure if I could find a suitable rock right now I could do it.  ;)
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg

A primitive spear would be a sharpened stick. A spear with an acctually spear head is a far more complex spear.

:-p

Creeper who knows nothing about in game crafting of spears so isn't bringing that up.
21sters Unite!