An inspiration to you real-worlders

Started by oDelaraNo, March 18, 2003, 12:26:45 AM

I noticed Arm slipping in the topmudsites polls and had to do something.  I rarely play but I still give Arm the voting it deserves every time I drop by the page (which is usually six or seven times a week).  

I encourage any others out there that don't play too much anymore but still drop by to check up to vote!   :lol:

Let's get arm to at LEAST #6!
f the end of the world is near, remove your fear and shed no tear.   Face life head on.

Yeah, everyone vote more! This is the first time in our (notable) history on Topmudsites that we're consitantly -not- in the top 10. D:

i think alot of people are voting, but in wrong places.
Topmudsites checks the referrer of where you vote from. So if you dont click the VOTE button http://www.armageddon.org the vote wont count. You cant bookmark the page with the big vote button, you cant click the link in the irc room, and im pretty sure you cant click it even off this forum.

Jenred, I don't think that's true. Where are you getting that information from?

I emailed the admin at TopMUDSites. His reply:

QuoteThe script doesn't check (or care) what website the vote is coming from.

Bookmarks as well as the voting button here will work.

I asked someone on their forum... Ill try to look for the response It was a little bit ago. But okay I guess. :)

For the last few days, the VOTE button hasn't been working for me.  It's just been acting like a broken link.

Yaaay! Back up to #8! Good things, good things! Keep voting :D

You can vote from anywhere as well, by the way.  I work, go to school and have a home computer.  Different IP addresses means you can send one vote from each computer you have access to twice per day.

So vote often - once on your way to work, once at work, once at night from any other comp and then your own computer after 8 or 9 PM.

Crank it up!

Hey, we're up to #5 and still rising.  Keep voting!  :)

Well I've been voting for quite a while. And what I do is I go and check to see how many people have voted. Then I go and vote myself. BUT THE NUMBER NEVER CHANGES!!!!

does this happen to anyone else? I haven't voted in 24 hours so I know it should be counted.

Maybe they don't like australians?  There's that whole "settled by criminals" thing, so the page may assume the auzzie votes are all cheating somehow. :P

I just tried it myself, and sure enough the number didn't change.  I refreshed the page and the number didn't change.  OMG the voting is fixed!   Maybe not.  It could be that the page only updates every 10 minutes.  If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page you should see something like:
Quote428 Sites In Our Database
Last Updated: 3-22-03 4:21am
Next Update: 3-22-03 4:31am

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Update:  I waited a few minutes and refreshed the page again, and my vote is there now.  Yay!

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Hey yeah. It does work.

Well don't I look stupid now  :oops:

Well, looks like I'll go back to voting 10 times a day again (at school I hop on several computers throughout the day)