Just an Idea

Started by Yasbusta, March 16, 2003, 06:41:11 PM

You know how when you get terribly wounded in the game, and limp around for a few weeks, wouldn't it be wonderful for other players to look at you and see that large bruise on your head, that broken arm, or something.

Well you can change you room description, how about your main descripton.
Like at the end of of the main description have maybe two lines or a certan amount of room that one could add little things, save it, and delete it as they wanted.

l man

You see before you a tall man, blah blah.
This is the end of his description
Upon his head there is a rather large purple bruise, aswell as many dark cuts over his face.

worn about his head a fluffy white hat

Just an Idea, though it could add a bit of depth.

Yasbusta

I think this could be handled by being able to add a string to a worn item:

wear bandage head (half-covering a swollen bruise is ~)

or

wear splint (holds this ravaged arm tightly in place)

l bynner

<worn on head>       half-covering a swollen bruise is a salve-covered bandage
<worn on left wrist>  a wooden splint holds this ravaged arm tightly in place

For example.

I like that idea a lot Yasbusta. It would definitely prevent a lot of the "bleeding everywhere from poison ingestion" syndrome, and other things of the like.

Some MUSHes and MUDs let you alter your description at whim, to suit your circumstances.  I don't think this would suit Armageddon, but perhaps a second optional temporary paragraph would be possible.  Your main description can only show things that should always be true, plus information about your hair and eyes, which may not always be visible but help people tell what you look like.

Day to day your appearance may differ significantly from the static, basic description in you main desc.  It would be nice to be able to show what you look like when you have been out hunting for 3 days, when you are cleaned up with your hair done for a party or a ceremony, when you are naked with all your bits showing,  :shock: when you have just crawled out of the sewers, when you are preparing for war, or when the templars have been whipping and torturing you for a few hours.  This could be limited to 4 or 5 lines, since it is just to add temporary features not to replace your main desc or make it impossibly long.  

Since this is a temporary state, it should be cleared everytime you log out, to keep people from accidently keeping fresh whip marks or staying in their party hair-do for IC weeks at a time because they forgot to check their current temp desc.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I don't think you need really four lines... maybe just a line or two to replace the "The turtle-neck wearing man is in excellent condition" at the end of a description when you look.

I really like this idea too.  Don't have anything useful to add, just that I like it.