Eclipses?

Started by Fathi, December 16, 2006, 12:56:47 PM

Rufus' amazing artwork in the OOC board got me to thinking... is there a Zalanthan perspective on eclipses? How often, if ever, do they occur?

I've read most of the documentation but I don't recall seeing anything...

So, lunar or solar? Superstitions surrounding them? Any thoughts?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: "help time"Days are further grouped into sets of two hundred thirty-one. This interval marks the third time the sun and two moons converge in each phase of the sun. Thus, in a 231-day phase (or month), the sun and moons will all occupy the same place in the sky, which happens to occur at midnight, exactly three times. The third time this happens, the sun is said to have moved into another phase and a new month begins.

I always figured that was an eclipse or something similar.

Quote from: "rufus"
Quote from: "help time"Days are further grouped into sets of two hundred thirty-one. This interval marks the third time the sun and two moons converge in each phase of the sun. Thus, in a 231-day phase (or month), the sun and moons will all occupy the same place in the sky, which happens to occur at midnight, exactly three times. The third time this happens, the sun is said to have moved into another phase and a new month begins.

I always figured that was an eclipse or something similar.

So that means there -are- eclipses, but they always occur on the other side of Zalanthas and the Known World always get screwed for the best viewing location.  Those bastards on the other side always get the cool stuff, I bet they have oceans and metal too.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.