Virtual NPC followers

Started by , March 10, 2003, 12:14:34 AM

Figurtively speaking... when is a proper time to assume you have VNPC
fanatical followers? Like say your trying to lead a bunch of people into the
wilds to start a town (see my response on things you'd do if you could)
and have already acquired say 5 PC followers...

When is it assumed that VNPC's have joined your cause? Or can you just
say from the beginning several people have already jumped to your cause?

Any responses along this line would be great.

I would probably explain your activities to the imms and ask them for a judgement.  I personally would not start to assume virtual followers until you work it out with an imm.  I would assume that anything that would gather up enough people to justify virtual followers would probably already have an imm at least unofficial keeping an eye on it.

Anything that facilitates getting Jenred out of civilization has my support.  Any virtual PCs which I may have, in my inadvertant solipsistic nightmare, caused into being are now yours with my blessing.  If you hurry, I'll throw in some household appliances.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Well unfortunetely I havent the means or the story to produce such yet,
but Im thinking up some future concepts and figured Id learn myself some
stuff regarding virtual npcs and their following to a charismatic fellow like
myself... Anyways thank you for the comments.

Quote from: "Jenred"(see my response on things you'd do if you could)

Where is that?

And I would agree with the other posts, you should ask an imm. I've been thinking that VNPCs are pesky little things, and often overexaggerated around here.(although on most other MUDs they were always ignored, not a good thing)

Unless your willing to make the VNPCs names, backgrounds, how they got "converted" or whatever, then I would avoid it, especially with such a small group. It's very hard to account for all your VNPCs work, unique abilities, and productivity, when they can't do anything.