Weather Effects on People

Started by , March 08, 2003, 11:13:05 PM

I was thinking it would be neat if harsh weather conditions had effects on people. Like walking to long in a terrible storm without a hood up or veil or something would effect the eyes in some way. I know people already roleplay getting dirt in their eyes and stuff, but I think its funny seeing people running down a road during weather conditions described as like 'a raging gale' or something with no face protection.

Obviously someone wearing just a pair of pants would be a little injured if not horribly burned by the gritty sands.

Anyways anything along this line I think would be a neat addition, maybe some type of 'condition' that gives them a reddish-soared kinda skin tone for awhile.

look jenred>
(Description) then>
His skin looks reddened and irritated.
Jenred is in moderate condition.

maybe even some minimal damage.
Thats all. :o

It depends on the character too, not just what's being worn, some characters (Desert dwellers for instance) would have good ways of keeping themselves relatively okay out in a sandstorm, even without a good hood. Turning the face a certain angle away from the sand, moving with the wind, lowering the head, etc.