You suffer from use of the Way.

Started by Yang, November 12, 2006, 08:03:04 PM

I know this has been brought up, and that some people respond: Get a client to edit it out ... as if it is that simple.

Barrier is a great skill, perhaps underused, but nowadays when you hold a barrier, you get the traditional "You suffer from use of the Way." over and over. Even though my stun regens faster than I lose it.

Perhaps a command like:

>barrier 50

Would start giving you those messages below 50 stun. Or:

>barrier 0

Would build a barrier that never gave you those messages. Typing:

>barrier

On it's own would create a normal barrier with all the glorious spam you wanted.

Neat.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I think that you have an interesting idea, but I don't think I'd support such a thing being implemented.  Sure it might be nice in certain situations, but I'd rather other players have the need to pay more attention to their stun instead of having the game break you off automatically.  

If anything I think that the game -should- automatically break your barrier/contact when your stun gets too low as a lack of the ability to concentrate.  Also, I'd much rather see echoes of headaches or other sufferings due to lowered stun, but those are my two cents and not necessarily anyone else's.

Yang is not talking about barrier or contact being broken automatically if you drop below a certain point. All he's saying is that he'd like a game option to eliminate the "You suffer from use of the Way" message spam that he's getting.

I think it would be nice to have, too. I hate seeing a whole screen full of that message.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Totally agree.  Disliked the 'suffer' spam when it first came around, still dislike it.

Ah, my bad.  I think I'd agree with him then 100%.

You can't even filter it completely with a client because you get carriage returns over and over.

I vote 'yes' for proposition Yang.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Quote from: "bardbard#4"You can't even filter it completely with a client because you get carriage returns over and over.

I vote 'yes' for proposition Yang.

I forgot to put one of those poll thingies. But ... vote 'yes' anyway!