Idea: Nenyuki Lockboxes

Started by williamson, October 23, 2006, 03:05:52 PM

I believe that the Nenyuk currently store jewelry. I think it would be cool if they would also rent people lockboxes. You could go to the bank and rent a container for perhaps 100 sids. After placing your things in the container, you'd give the lockbox to back to the clerk. The clerk would hand you a token that would be colored according to which bank your using. Later, you would return to the bank and give them the token. The clerk would then hand you the lockbox with your things in it.

This lockbox feature might be something you'd use if you travel frequently or if you don't log in regularly enough to pay your rent on time at your apartment. Additionally, this gives pick-pockets something interesting to steal besides another set of knives.

-Williamson
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Quote from: "williamson"I believe that the Nenyuk currently store jewelry. I think it would be cool if they would also rent people lockboxes. You could go to the bank and rent a container for perhaps 100 sids. After placing your things in the container, you'd give the lockbox to back to the clerk. The clerk would hand you a token that would be colored according to which bank your using. Later, you would return to the bank and give them the token. The clerk would then hand you the lockbox with your things in it.

This lockbox feature might be something you'd use if you travel frequently or if you don't log in regularly enough to pay your rent on time at your apartment. Additionally, this gives pick-pockets something interesting to steal besides another set of knives.

-Williamson

That is a good idea, with good thoughts behind it. I think it would work great.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Awesome idea. I believe the Nenyuk jewelry rental system is a bit skewed. It takes some jewelry but won't take other types of jewelry. There's also a lot of small stuff they won't take that they realistically would. This lockbox idea could be a great way to solve all that!  :)

The problem with this feature is that the storage would be pretty much impossible to steal.  So if your character found the Magick Dagger of Massive Doom, just head over to the Nenyuk and you don't have to worry about anyone trying to take it from you.
And who could ever know that you had the dagger in the first place?

It is an interesting idea though.  Keep 'em coming! :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Actually, it is currently very hard to steal things that are heavy. However, if someone put a heavy sword of doom in a lockbox, a thief could steal the light-weight token for it.  Hopefully, people would be able to steal a token and then go get a box full of cool loot.

Let's continue with this example.. Say you steal this sword of doom and you store it in Tuluk and get an ivory token for it. You then head down to Allanak and you are arrested by a Allanaki templar who heard you had the sword. He takes the token, but now he has to find someone he trusts to go to Tuluk and retrieve the contents of the box for him. I think that would be rather interesting.

-Williamson
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Quote from: "williamson"Actually, it is currently very hard to steal things that are heavy. However, if someone put a heavy sword of doom in a lockbox, a thief could steal the light-weight token for it.  Hopefully, people would be able to steal a token and then go get a box full of cool loot.

Love it. Lockboxes are a great idea.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

/derail/

Soooo reminded me of the skit on SNL about lockboxes used for everything... was it Al Gore?

/derail/

Anyway, I love this idea.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

That reminded me of the 'Cork Soakers' skit with Mike Myers.  :lol:

I whateverth this idea, it wtfpwns! Ten toes up!

I think this is a decent enough idea.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D