yes - add code, maybe - mayhaps somday no- dont add i dont like

Yes add the code!
12 (41.4%)
NOOOO dont add the code i dont like it
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 17, 2006, 09:30:11 PM

Quote from: "Djarjak"
Quote from: "Cuusardo"Take a maglite out to a dark field and look for rocks in the middle of a dark night sometime.  It's not as easy as it sounds.

Then compare that with the craptastic light that a -torch- would provide.

Anyone who has ever tried to play D&D around a camp fire knows how much it sucks to forage by fire light.

Oh my god, I am such a geek...

I read that and just paused, reread it paused again, reread it a final time and went wow... they love to RP.

and they are a geek

Quote from: "Quani"I read that and just paused, reread it paused again, reread it a final time and went wow... they love to RP.

and they are a geek

Let's just say I've had experience looking for wood in the dark.  :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Geek, pshaw.
Ever run out into your yard, take the nearest branch and carve it into a short spear and start planning gith raids? huh, huh? Yea, I didn't think so...

afk, mantis are attacking.

I think I remember foraging at night before.  I was surprised.  Of course it was a clear, bright night in a clear, flat location, so maybe that helps.  Wandering around on wind-blown sand dunes looking for a particular kind of pebble seems like it would be hard during the day, and impossible at night no matter how many moons you had.  Vegetation or disturbed soil would also make it difficult.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Even if I agree that foraging at night should be hard to near-impossible, a torch will most likely provide more light than your average maglite...
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Used a torch before?  Torches couldn't be more than 100 lumens...as in 100 candles worth of light.  Most maglites are in the thousands.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Used a torch before?  Torches couldn't be more than 100 lumens...as in 100 candles worth of light.  Most maglites are in the thousands.

I've used torches before (they provide a LOT of light), but never a 'real' maglite.
It still seems to me that a torch provedes mroe light than your average hand-held little lamp, maybe because a torch radiates in all directions instead of just one or doesn't burn as bright, spreading the light over a larger area.

A 'dim' light can be an advantage over a bright one, too, because if your eyes get used to something too bright they won't be able to see anything besides that small lit area.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"