OOC Policing

Started by Clearsighted, October 04, 2006, 03:12:38 AM

AC

QuoteX-D wrote:

To me "em looks sad" feels somewhat like a power emote because your telling me how I have to interpret something...

I did not say it is, just what it feels like to me.

So your post of...

QuoteNot necessarily. Their character is projecting something but your character is still free to interpret or misinterpret it however you like.

Is incorrect, unless you have suddenly become a mindbender and can determine how I feel and if I'm lying about it.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"AC

QuoteX-D wrote:

To me "em looks sad" feels somewhat like a power emote because your telling me how I have to interpret something...

I did not say it is, just what it feels like to me.

So your post of...

QuoteNot necessarily. Their character is projecting something but your character is still free to interpret or misinterpret it however you like.

Is incorrect, unless you have suddenly become a mindbender and can determine how I feel and if I'm lying about it.

Or my "not necessarily" could be referring to the other part of the sentence.  

QuoteX-D wrote:

They are not necessarily telling you how you have to interpret something.   :D

I am not a mindbender.  Really.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'm reporting you to Lord Templar Hardnose anyway...just to be safe.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

There are these people called the IMMs.  If you think someone is really powergaming or doing something they should be called out on don't have an OOC arguement about it wish up and have an IMM determine what is right or what is wrong if it's that frustrating to you.  Differen't people react different ways.

Quote from: "Safirefairy"Coming from the perspective of someone that has only played for a few days, emoting on Arm can be highly intimidating. It is a very complex emote system compared to most other games.  While this is a good thing in the long run, it does take some time to master.  I can assure you that it will take me a long while.  
My writing skills are well above average, and I've been told I'm a reasonably skilled roleplayer.  It may take some time for either of those things to be obvious on Armageddon.  
Reading these posts makes me feel even more intimidated than before, honestly.  I understand in essence what it is that you all are saying, but it feels like many are being very elitest.
Please give those that don't meet your expectations a chance to learn without judging, as I can promise that will only drive people away.  An encouraging word or suggestion done right is a wonderful thing, but leave the judgement at home.

*points* This person is me a year and a half ago.

Honey, don't worry. It takes some time to get the hang of it, but be patient and it will come. other people will generally be patient, too. Make a couple of freiends who know the game well (I volunteer!) and to be quite frank, stay of the GDB for awhile. Not that you're not welcome here, because you totally are, but as you noted, the GDB can be discouraging for newbies, and it's best to learn the game with a couple close friends, then jump into the community. That's how I did it and I happen to think I turned out well.

Welcome to Armageddon. :)
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Whoo. I totally started the other way. I made zero IG friends, and jumped straight into the GDB, spammed you all with all my stupid newbie questions, and totally blocked out/ignored anyone who irked or discouraged me.

Whoo.

The GDB can be a really useful resource, but yeh, ignore the old grumps.