Announced Roles Peak Hours Requirement

Started by Twilight, September 26, 2006, 10:00:17 PM

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I don't particularly care for the idea of moving all the off peak players to one locale.  How would you explain that ICly?

Well, uhh... the off-peak NPCs and VNPCs can stay where they are. What's there to explain ICly? PC populations are an OOC thing, not an IC one.
subdue thread
release thread pit

I wonder if perhaps it's worthwhile to take more then apps in 3s for templars?

It always seem to be that there are 3 active pc templars, then we try for 2-3 nobles per house etc.

What if you started taking apps for 3 templars per time zone? Ending up with more like 5-6 pc templars?

Like 2 EST-CST,  2 CST-PST, 2 PST-GMT

Just a thought. What's the reason for 3s? I'm thinking if we looked at our pc population as a whole, would it hurt that much to up the number of total templars/nobles?

I'm sure we end up turning down a lot of good apps no?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

So instead of 2-3 templars we have 5-6 templars playing in a still pretty narrow time slot? EST-PST is what, 3 hours differences? How does that seriously cover off peak times?

There are a number of people who don't play anywhere remotely near these times, think outside of the US/Canada. To note I see a number of people playing from places like Turkey/Australia/Japan.

If you really want to recruit more templars I'd prefer to see a wider split. A couple on the current peak times and a couple in off peak (Or 12 hours different from peak times) Certainly would be nice to log onto the MUD at about 6-10pm local time and see roles like this.

That said, I'm quite happy with the way things are and have no complaints with seeing things like we have now 'This role requires you to spend some time playing when the Imm handling this role is online' is a perfectly fine requirement.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: "Bushranger"So instead of 2-3 templars we have 5-6 templars playing in a still pretty narrow time slot? EST-PST is what, 3 hours differences? How does that seriously cover off peak times?

There are a number of people who don't play anywhere remotely near these times, think outside of the US/Canada. To note I see a number of people playing from places like Turkey/Australia/Japan.

If you really want to recruit more templars I'd prefer to see a wider split. A couple on the current peak times and a couple in off peak (Or 12 hours different from peak times) Certainly would be nice to log onto the MUD at about 6-10pm local time and see roles like this.

That said, I'm quite happy with the way things are and have no complaints with seeing things like we have now 'This role requires you to spend some time playing when the Imm handling this role is online' is a perfectly fine requirement.

Yea I mean, those are just examples. I don't care when they play as long as there is a reasonably player base at that time. We wouldn't want to create a templar role to for a play time base of 3-4 people.

The point of the post wasn't to say stick templars in different timezones it was "We turn down apps, what about accepting more and spreading them out."

If you are however asking for a PC templar to allocated to time when there is less  then 10 people logged in regularly then I don't know what to tell you. That would be a bit of a waste. My suggestion to you then is to stop posting here go to your local book store and leave some flyers around.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

My character works in Red Storm.

Spoiled. All of you.

I have seen special roles that seem to -only- be online during off peak times, I think the issue is that these people die less often so you are rarely going to see an opening for them.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas