Watch - A request for revision

Started by Fragmented, September 19, 2006, 07:12:14 PM

I'd like to see the code allow one to watch in a direction while sitting. I understand and agree it's not possible while resting (lying down), but I should be able to watch outside my tent, or watch the going ons in another room while I'm sitting on my butt. Crowds of people in the rooms you say? That may be, but there's bound to be gaps. Taverns aren't what bothers me though. It's sitting in my tent in the middle of the desert, and being clueless as to when someone walks in, grabs my kank, and splits. That is annoying beyond belief, and I'd -love- to see it changed.

I think it would be reasonable and realistic to allow for watching a direction if you're not sitting at a bar/table/couch, since sitting on the ground means you can sit in any way you want to look in a specific direction. If not, then at least allowing for tent-dwellers to peek outside sounds fair.

On the topic of watch, I want to suggest something. I noticed it a while ago so excuse me if it has been changed already, but you should automatically stop watching people once they get out of your sight range (3 rooms) in my opinion.
b]YB <3[/b]

I think you shouldn't stop watching the person when they get out of range.  It's like keeping an eye out for a certain person.

As for sitting+watching, I've always wondered why you couldn't already do it, especially with small rooms, like tents, and it'd be nice if watch picked up the non-coded emotes if you were in one or two room's distance.