Arena Betting

Started by Fragmented, August 20, 2006, 09:12:42 PM

This may or may not have been suggested before. I'd like to see coded betting in the Arena of Allanak, maybe even the fighting pits of Luirs. I have no idea how this would be coded, or even if it could, but here's what
I envision:

First of all, the conestants (PC or NPC) are put in the arena. Then a key figure, templar in the south, authorized Kuraci party in Luirs designates the contestants for the code. (this is assuming it can't be coded so that anyone in the arena is automatically made a contestant). Example would be 'contestant thief cuthroat Bob'. This would assign contestants to be bet on, and then the key figure could turn betting on.

Here's where it gets cool.. from your seat in the stands, you can call up 'odds' which will show you the current odds (which will fluctuate as more people bid) and also 'bet x' x being the amount you wish to wager.
After a reasonable period (a couple of minutes) betting can be turned off, and bets locked in place. No more then 1 bet per person.

The fight ensues, and a winner is determined by death (and if not death, then by key figure designating the winner manually through a command). Those who bet on the winner will receive their winnings automatically into their inventory. This can be explained icly by bookies wandering the stands, paying out to the winners. A percentage could of course be raked off by the Templarate or Kurac if the clan imms would like to see that.

Anyways, that's the idea in the rough. Feel free to refine it through other suggestions.

This has been brought up before. The answer has always been, and will likely always be, that players should be the bet brokers.

You want to place bets, make it happen as a PC.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"