Zalanthas Economy - driven by PCs & VNPCs

Started by Koala, July 24, 2006, 05:35:12 AM

What do you think?

Yes, we should do it sometime soon (after the adjustments took place).
9 (45%)
No, there are other things that are important than this.
11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 24, 2006, 05:35:12 AM

Incidentally, can I make a suggestion for future polls? More options. I voted "no", but I meant "no, this is a poor economy model and should never be implemented" rather than "the economy is low priority", which was the way I was forced to vote. I happen to believe some aspects of the economy should be relatively high priority, and the economy as a whole should be a moderately high priority, but I don't believe that this "fix" to it makes any sense whatsoever. I do believe that a PC-centric economy will detract from rather than add to the realism of the game.
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Quote from: "Anonymous kank with wings"
What will prevent the price of the few items in heavy demand (like flour) from becoming unreasonbly high?

Flour is in heavy supply and heavy demand, balancing out the price. I suspect that flour might be one of the more stable items in the economy.

Things in high demand and low supply (oil) are the ones that will go up to an extremity.

Quote from: "veryalien"Let's face it. The game doesn't have a balanced npc economy. We're not supposed to take advantage of it. A desert dweller shouldn't be depositing coins at the bank. He's not exactly civilized enough to do that.

It's up to your RP though.

wow, I agree... I was appalled when I heard that "it's farly easy for any class from ranger to pickpocket to have a few large in the bank" in Zalanthas, I can't imagine any thief or desert dweller just having a big old bank account to fall back on.