Foraging Battlegrounds

Started by Twilight, July 13, 2006, 02:15:51 PM

Currently, if you are foraging rocks, you might get something different depending on where you are.  I think one cool outcome of the HRPT would be this, add to those rooms where battles were fought the ability to forage artifact.  However, rather than the artifacts you might find in other places, you might find remains of Tuluki/Alanaki weapons/armor, broken or perhaps used if you are lucky, bits and pieces of things you might find on a former battlefield, perhaps a few coins, perhaps a magicker's gem, scraps of cloth and leather and bone, parts of skeletons, etc.

Would be a unique way to commemorate places where battles have occured, as well as two RL years from now, a new player could come along and actually find where some battle they've only heard about actually happened.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

That is a seriously sexy idea.

Very rare finds of lost swords and breastplates would make this especially cool.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

That would be really cool.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Incredibly cool.  Zalanthan archeology :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I like!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Two thumbs up.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Zat is definitely not le suck. I am all for eet.

*clears his throat* Ahem.

Would be freakin' awesome! Oh oh oh and you should be able to find metal swords too. Just 'cause. I say yay, let there be more things to find in the sands where major engagements have occured.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

LOVE.

Maybe it's an automatic thing, when X number of conflicts happen in a given amount of time in the room.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

I loved it. Change room descriptions according to battle also. Many lightening strike and no track left after that? No way. Give us some tracks of old battle.
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

Quote from: "MorganChaos"LOVE.

Maybe it's an automatic thing, when X number of conflicts happen in a given amount of time in the room.
Naaah. It -could- be coded, but I'd say these sort of things happen so few and far between, that doing it manually would be worth it.

I agree with having an enhanced list of foragable artifacts from battle grounds.

I don't think that those artifacts should be tremendously valuable though.  Perhaps a similar distribution to foraging for stone in places where you find a whole lot of sandstone and only very rarely a nice chunk of amber.  Instead of, or in addition to, finding broken clay pots you find some broken swords and other battle debris.  You might be able to sell this crap for a few coins, salvage it for something moderately useful, or  possibly even craft it into something else if you have the right skills (a weaponcrafter might be able to turn a broken sword into a half-sword, a armorer might be able to repair a torn leather jerkin into a leather jerkin, and so on.   Only rarely do you find a useful, intact piece of equipment, and even that should show signs of wear and age.  A rare find might be an intact obsidian breastplate suitable for a mul, left behind because it was just too heavy to schlep back to the City, despite being somewhat valuable and in pretty good condition.  People might have buried their honoured dead without stripping them naked, but it's unlikely that they will have left them with a purse full of coins.

No steel swords or Templar medallions though, because the only way stuff like that would have been left behind would be if both sides were completely destroyed.  You might find stuff like that excavating Stineal, but not a regular battleground that anyone walked away from.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

b0nerific.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Love the idea.  Given the fact that much of zalanthas is sand and loose soil and the only (mundane) form of travel involves lots of bumps, it's possible a fair amount of random items will be lost in transit.  Except for the kadian wagons of course, they probably have suspension built in.  :-)

- HK
- HK

Well, despite the fact that most armor/weapons are going to be looted far before you're going to find them years later.

Unless it's broken/destroyed stuff.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

As long as you can't find perfectly intact stuff, or things that would obviously have been looted such as metal, then I'm fine with it. The occasional used bracer, cracked shield and broken sword would be cool.
b]YB <3[/b]

One could also i guess limit number of good or rare items. Prehaps some battle fields will have rare metal items, such as a ring, but maybe only one and have a one in a million chance of finding it then nothing else of its sort be found.

Whole/non damaged items helmets, swords, breastplates, would have an easier chance of finding.

Damaged bit more of a chance but be able to salvage parts from it or maybe even use.
You find a cracked shell helmet
Analyze helmet
You can get a few hunks of shell from this
Broken obsidian sword
analyze sword
You can get two chunks of obsidian from this.
Etc.

Then the most would be parts
Sharp edged piece of obsidian, piece of shell, etc.

Have the extremly rare be limited and very random chance, whole but common bit better chances maybe a higher limit. Like 1000 good items of random type sword, daggers, axes, helmets, cloaks.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

To add to what amish says: I guess you could just use the salvage code on such junk items...
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.