Real life Fertility questions about women

Started by John, July 12, 2006, 05:03:33 AM

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "LauraMars"Regular physical activity can be a big help at the cramps counter in the period department store.

That works fabulously for me now, but they used to be so bad when I was a teenager that I literally couldn't move or speak.  I won't even go into all the other grossities that it caused.  I tell you, those were the times in my life when I would actually wish I was dead than have to go through that pain.

I have experienced the same thing, truly nightmare pain.  However, I'm not saying...try to work out when you are dying of cramp, but rather, move around, walk, eat lots of vegatables and excersize throughout the month and you'll have an easier time of it when your friend from Red Storm visits (and I'm not addressing you, Cuusardo, but rather, anybody to whom this advice might apply).
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The Red Storm part made me giggle.  Looks like we've got new slang for the thing every woman hates.  (Show me a woman who doesn't, seriously.)
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Please, please don't ever say Red Storm in that context again.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

"Going down to Red Storm" has suddenly taken on a whole new meaning.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Now I'm NEVER going to be able to say that line with a straight face.

Damn you people and your dirty minds.

Hee

Heehee

Heeheehee
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

* In a month, roughly how much of it will you be fertile for? The majority of it? Only a small portion?

About a week, usually.

* In a month how much of it are you unable to have sex for?

None. However, most women choose not to have sex on their period, which can last anywhere from 2 to 8 days, depending on the woman. One woman will generally have the same length period pretty consistently, with only a day or two of variation. Every woman is different but usually the first day is heaviest, the second equally heavy or slightly lighter, and the rest of the time is pretty light.

* Is there a portion of the month that you're more fertile then normal? If so, how long does it typically go for?

Not really. It's all within that one week, although there is some possibility of pregnancy outside the week.

* What cycle does it go in (e.g. Fertile -> Extremely Fertile -> Can't have sex at all -> not fertile)

It doesn't, really. However, anything from 21 to 45 days in a cycle is normal, and ovulation can occur ANY TIME before about a week before the period (for our purposes I'm talking about the standard length of a cycle, which is 28 days.) This includes during the period, so sex during your period is not necessarily sex totally safe from pregnancy.

Women living together or spending a lot of time in close quarters will have the same cycle, or close to it. Example: my mom's period always follows mine by a day or two, and my best friend's period went out of whack when her mom hit menopause, and didn't stabilize for a few months. (Interestingly, it synchronized with the female she spent the most amount of time with other than her mom -- me.) A woman is generally more attractive when she's ovulating (often described as a subtle glow), as well as being more sensitive, more likely to orgasm, and wanting more sex. A lot of women, it seems, also want a lot of sex on their periods (I speak from talking to other women and getting opinions).

Also, it's possible to not get pregnant during the fertile period. The zygote never implants, the sperm never penetrate the egg, the egg dies before it reaches the uterus, the body ejects the zygote along with the lining during menstruation (this wouldn't really be a lack of pregnancy so much as a very early miscarriage). Any number of situations in which detectable pregnancy never results.

Scar tissue, from acute injury or blunt force trauma can affect fertility. So can endometriosis, any kind of uterine, cervical, or ovarian cancer, and STDs other than genital warts, herpes, and HIV.

Interestingly, it's possible for fraternal twins to have different fathers, if a woman has sex with two men within a night or a few nights of each other.

I wrote that last night and then fell asleep, so it's a little incomplete but yeah.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.