A crap idea...

Started by Spoon, July 10, 2006, 06:00:32 AM

Personally, I'm not one for PCs having coded shit. I can see quite a lot could be done with animals doing this every so often, but implementing it in PCs is possibly going a little too far. You can emote doing a crap if you want, but I don't think you need an item to prove it.

Quote from: "Hymwen"This thread is seriously silly, because it's serious, and also silly.

But if PC shitting gets implemented, I demand the following:

Shit-stained items
A "he/she smells like shit" sniff flag
The option of shitting on people, possibly with a hit/miss roll
Sun-baked shit-balls for use in slingshots

Shit-stained items flags are already in place. Join the T'zai Byn (or lurk in shitty areas) for more information. Additionally, if the monkey in you rears its ugly head, I encourage you to experiment with the throwability of manure/dung objects in-game.
Tlaloc
Legend

QuoteHowever, this project got shelved as we realized every single animal in the world would need to have the script attached to it, and as silly as it sounds: the sheer number of animals crapping on ginka might have actually eaten up processor power, and lagged up the system.

Did anyone else shoot a beverage out of their nose when they read this?

Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Maybe someone said this already and I overlooked it, but it would be neat to have this somehow tied into tracking animals.

I realize you can RP out finding animal scat along with its tracks, but having it coded somehow would be nifty.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: "Hot_Dancer"
QuoteHowever, this project got shelved as we realized every single animal in the world would need to have the script attached to it, and as silly as it sounds: the sheer number of animals crapping on ginka might have actually eaten up processor power, and lagged up the system.

Did anyone else shoot a beverage out of their nose when they read this?

Hot Dancer

Yup.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cuusardo"This is one of the things I'd rather not be forced to roleplay out.

I agree with Cuusardo.

As hilarious as the defecating animal idea is, you guys are way too fascinated with your own feces.  I would recommend half the folks on this thread to marry tubgirl.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

This thread seriously needs a disclaimer or rating on it :(

That being said, if a templar or noble deficate and a commoner deficates who's shit wouldn't stink?  :lol:

The elf's.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Tlaloc"Now we're at the "Hey, look, we can simulate LIFE!" stage.

This excites me.  :D
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Fnord"
Quote from: "Tlaloc"Now we're at the "Hey, look, we can simulate LIFE!" stage.

This excites me.  :D

SimDesert.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870