Tiny time lags for changing position?

Started by Morrolan, July 06, 2006, 09:12:33 AM

I think it would be great (though awful for some of my characters) if changing position were to include tiny time-lags.

sit<-->stand: 1 second
rest<-->sit: 1 second
rest<-->stand: 2 seconds
stand-->mounted: based on "ride" skill, but not more than a couple of seconds.

New Skill: The rough and ready, specifically assassins, acrobats, and very experienced warriors, could get a new skill that would allow them to rise to their feet faster.  It would just cut down the small delays I'm suggesting implementing.

I'm not talking about huge lags, like kill and backstab, just little ones. to represent the effort of getting to your feet.

As I write this, I'm thinking that this would be very helpful for making more realistic the response to danger:
stand; run; e; e; s

Besides, it would give those acrobats something acrobatic to do!

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

A mekillot's kill count just tripled.

But I like the idea... if only the kill lag was lessened... how long does it take to stab someone in the throat, anyway?
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes