changing guild

Started by Zygas, July 02, 2006, 05:28:37 PM

Hi

I created my character as a merchant and the character was accepted by the admins.. But then I realized it would be more suitable for beginners to be merchants. How could I get my guild changed to warrior without creating a new character?

thanks,
"Zygas"

If you are unable to change, try to find work with either a great merchant house or some other group where you'll be able to utilize your merchantly skills. Also do a search for "merchant" "crafting" and similar things on this board, as there are a lot of very helpful posts relating to the merchantly arts.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Go to the request tool found here: http://www.armageddon.org/request

You will have to log in, but then you can request from the IMMs a change.  It is possible that they will say, 'No,' but I can't speak for them.  I can only tell you how to ask.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

See previous post.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

You are mistaken.  I know for fact that it has happened.  If your character has been doing much (like using the skills the guild you want changed from), they simply won't change it.  You'll also have to catch them in a generous mood, possibly, as I know people have been denied before as well.  I don't know the specifics, just that it HAS happened at least once that I know of.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Oh? Well, my mistake then. I'll edit the offending posts. Sorry about that.

Oh it was a typo, I meant i wanted to change my guild to WARRIOR, of course not from merchant to merchant :) ... So whom should I contact to achieve this?

Quote from: "Zygas"Hi

I created my character as a merchant and the character was accepted by the admins.. But then I realized it would be more suitable for beginners to be merchants. How could I get my guild changed to warrior without creating a new character?

thanks,
"Zygas"

Absolutely anything is possible if you can convince the imms. Having a guild change is among the least of things that are in the realm of possibility.

However, none of it is especially likely. Do email the imms if you think you can justify a guild change, but don't hold your breath over it.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Believe me, a merchant may be a great start for a newbie.
Anyway, mail to mud@ginka.armageddon.org.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

As already mentioned, request it with the request tool.

However, being a merchant is not at all a bad way to start. I think people recommend warrior because it's a relatively simple and straight-forward guild with many possibilities for employment, but so is merchant once you understand the crafting system, which a helper would happily assist you with (right, guys?). Being a warrior can actually be hard for new players because the combat code is very swift and deadly in most situations, and you might have few chances use your skills outside of sparring circles, while a merchant can almost always find something to do and can even live a decent independent life if that's what you want, something that most new warriors will find very very hard.

So my suggestion is to not change your guild based on what people have told you is the best for a new player. Give it a try, and if you don't like it, you can always try the warrior route and you'll have learned something about the game in the meantime. If you insist on playing a warrior and the imms won't change your guild, you can store your character and roll up a warrior, but I encourage you to try being a merchant. It's a very good way to safely learn about the game.
b]YB <3[/b]

Request tool and wishing up...but merchants can be fun characters. I've had guilds changed. I accidentally made a character a warrior when he was basically unplayable as anything but a ranger. I wished up a lot (this was before the request tool) and eventually someone changed it for me, since I hadn't been doing anything particularly warriorly, and my play had been very rangerly so far.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

This inspires me to roll a ranger, get to about 80 days played, find a defiler mentor and repeatedly petition the imms for dual-classing until Halaster drops a meteor on my PC.

merchants are fun to kill and rob :P
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com