Nilaz

Started by amish overlord, July 02, 2006, 04:39:18 PM

Here's a question for you all.

We know that sorcerers are not tolerated anywhere.

We know that the common elements, including Drovians, are accepted, as much as can be possible, in Allanak.

But what about Nilaz? Are they, of nessessity, as hidden as sorcerers? And I don't mean this terms of the commoners knows. I'm asking this from the perspective a player wondering about making one.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Nilazi aren't always as hidden as sorcerers, but they often are.
As for Nilazi gemmers in Allanak, suffice to say that they are very rare - especially since other elementalists don't tend to like Nilazi, and that can pose a very serious threat to an unprepared Nilazi.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I will also note that there is no Temple of Nilaz in Allanak...they have fewer resources (in that respect) than the other elementalists that hate them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Nilazi, as a general rule, are shunned and, if possible, destroyed by any means necessary. Their very being is dangerous.. Nilaz is a force that cancels out all other elements, and unravels the very fabric of reality.

For that reason alone, I would hasten to say that Nilazi are one step below Defilers/Sorcerers, if not on equal ground with them. Some groups will find great use for a Void Elementalist, but those that would stay behind and be taken in as a tool for a specific organization, let alone survive long enough to, would be few and far between.

The vast majority of people know little to nothing about the ways of the Void; it's a rare and relatively undocumented subject, and for very good reason. The Nilazi brand of magick could potentially warp the psyche and alter the forms of those that dare to harness it. Why? It's a very volatile, abstract, and utterly destructive element. It is the absence of life, death, and the reality in-between; a place where one can forge their own rules and physics and dominate reality.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Quote from: "davien"
Nilaz: not being, death, the end

LOLOL! You know why I am laughing, and if by some ungodly reason you don't.... you will......
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Heh. No, I know. Mistake not my attempts at deliberate misdirection, friend. I am a big proponent of keeping the magick system a mystery. Unless a mage teaches you this kind of thing IC, there should be no reason for you to know every detail. It makes it more fun when you find out IC ;)

Quote from: "davien"my attempts at deliberate misdirection, friend.

Yes, because deliberately lying to the playerbase is absolutely the way to go about making this game better.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I haven't lied to anyone. I admit freely that what I posted is fiction. Read closer, CK.

Calm down... anyone knowing about magick philosophy in game won't be sending it here. So we should already guess all what's sent is fiction.

And a lot are totally wrong...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with a lack of information here. The concept is simple-- everything you -need- to really know is in the help-files; everyone, including me, is just clarifying and extending on what they say.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Quote from: "LucildaHunta"Yeah, but the problem with discussing this in-game is that it could lead to a shorter life span for your character. Characters don't always react kindly to magickal curiousity. It could add an interesting wrinkle to your RP, but sometimes you don't want that.

It really depends on 'WHERE' this type of discussion is happening. A lot of discussion goes on about it, and the end result never comes to a shorter lifespan.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Here's a question for you all.

We know that sorcerers are not tolerated anywhere.

We know that the common elements, including Drovians, are accepted, as much as can be possible, in Allanak.

But what about Nilaz? Are they, of nessessity, as hidden as sorcerers? And I don't mean this terms of the commoners knows. I'm asking this from the perspective a player wondering about making one.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18194  Apparently gemmed nilazi are legal, but very, very rare.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins