foods

Started by adrien, June 28, 2006, 11:01:07 AM

why not have meat, fruit and asorted other foods go  bad after a few days in game (couple of hrs)

Buts if the meats smoked or dried it lasts a ingame month or so and fruits after a while become softer and can be crafted into cheep alcohol.

regular cooked meat last maby 4 days instead of the 2 btw this would go for burnt meat.

everything goes bad after a while in our world why not armageddons world
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I think it would be too cumbersome for players. Some things have to be ignored because the game-time is fast-forwarded. Going out to hunt can easily take an hour or two, and it would really suck if the meat had gone rotten by the time you got back home. It's one of those playability things, the same reason you don't need to sleep, feed your kank or go to the bathroom.
b]YB <3[/b]

I recall Morgenes saying something about working on a code for food to rot when half-eaten and so on or something like that.

This has been discussed many times before, and several coders have some kind of object decay in their list of to-dos.

I think the suggested decay is probably a bit too short, but something along these lines will eventually go in.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff