Watch Emotes

Started by Cale_Knight, June 24, 2006, 03:31:57 AM

Right now, I believe it looks like this.

You notice the manly man start watching you.

I'd like it to be put in line with other hemotes.

You notice: The manly man starts watching you.

Then you could add emote tags.

You notice: Craning his neck, the manly man starts watching you.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I could dig that.

I assume, of course, that adding emotive ability to the command would not cause it to echo to anybody other than it echoes to now, correct?

If that is so, I fully support that idea.

On a side note: I fully expect to see emotive ability added to just about every command. It just takes time, and ironing out bugs with the command is easier if it does not have the added code for emoting. I'd just give it a little time.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

What about if you want to watch someone sneakily? Do they always get told when someone starts watching them?

Surely they wouldn't notice you watching...unless they were watching you!

I don't use the watch command enough, but when I do I make it obvious in a prior emote that I'm watching them. So adding the ability to add an emote to watch would be cool.

As for sneaky watching, I personally don't think the current watch skill should allow this (as I have no idea how the code differentiates between obvious watching and sneaky watching). But it would be cool to have a new command that branches from watch that acts exactly like watch, except it allows you the opportunity to attempt to go unnoticed in your watching.

As for the "You notice" why change it to that? You explain the change well enough, but don't give a reason for it. AFAIK there's nothing sneaky about someone watching someone else.