unclanned?

Started by adrien, June 20, 2006, 10:37:08 AM

Unclanned
If you would like to report about your character's progress, but do not belong to a clan, you can contact the Unclanned Characters staff.

I do not understand the reason for this? is this just for people that rp on there own and want to get recognized?
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Pretty much, yep.  Or have questions or need support with something.

Or they want to die to imm animated NPCs.  :lol:

(RIP, unclanned character #3)

It's also so that unclanned people have someone they can go to if they have questions, concerns, etc.  Some unclanned people play pretty significant roles, or like to touch base with staff from time to time, or have questions about certain things, or need help roleplaying NPC's, and things like that.  That's what the Unclanned staff is for.

You're not required to email them, or "check in".
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Just to chime in, part of the main initial impetus for creating 'unclanned characters' staff was not to hear many day-to-day updates on things. I know I (personally) was less interested in who Random Amos von Malik was sleeping with, and his constant struggles to find food on a weekly basis. It has since grown to take in updates from players, but I feel many players don't make use of the staff in the most efficient manner.

I always envisioned the Unclanned Characters staff as a body which would be availabe to help out those unclanned characters who actually required a bit more staff intervention/help. For example: a dwarf who's trying to fulfill the focus of breaking into Tektolnes' tower; a ranger who is looking to kill his brother's murderer; a sorcerer who is trying to reach the elemental plane of Nilaz to have a cup of tea with a demon.

That was (to me) the best way to utilize the Unclanned character staff. While sending in random weekly updates is fine, using the Unclanned characters staff for actual projects and plotlines might be better. Your mileage may, of course, vary depending on circumstances and personality, and the current Unclanned Character staff might feel completely differently.
Tlaloc
Legend