Groan

Started by Hymwen, June 09, 2006, 05:34:16 PM

What are these threads accomplishing, really?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

They accomplish a sense of community among the players. Those who can make it, will be comforted by knowing that a fair number of other players will also be left out. Knowing why some people can't make it is interesting, it gives a little insite into the lives of the co-players of this game. Of course if you don't care about the other players (as opposed to their characters) then you could always just skip the thread after learning from the first post what it's about. Personally I find it fascinating and will add in my own contribution now:

I will probably be logged in for the early part of this, and if it lasts more than a couple of hours I'll miss the rest. Hopefully my character will be safe throughout, or will be killed very early on so I can take some time before bed to calm down! So that's a hint to any staffer who wants to off my PC: Please do it in the first 2 hours, or wait for another day. Thank you everso!

L. Stanson
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Everyone can make it!  At least until the first crash.

Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I can make it easily enough, although I doubt my character will see anything. Wrong character, wrong place, wrong time.  I'm just curious as to how many people this will draw.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]