Suggested Command for the Sake of Group Combat

Started by Dalmeth, June 04, 2006, 10:45:10 AM

One of the things that might make group combat more interesting, and eliminate the 3v1 smackdown is the integration of a command that allows a combat formation that increased the number of attackers needed to earn a penalty.  Example:

Formation: Small Group

Characters that create a Small Group increase their defensive chance against additional opponents.  Normally a PC will receive penalties to combat whenever they are targeted by 3 or more creatures/people.  Every person that is part of a group would provide an additional (1) to that penalty because they are considered to be positioned closely together and watching one another's flanks.

The burly, broad-shouldered man is standing here.
The willowy, raven haired man is standing here.
The bronzed, purple tattooed woman is standing here.

>form
Please specify what you would like to form.

>help form

Form

The form command allows you to create small, medium and large groups that ride, walk, and fight in close formation.  There are advantages and disadvantages to these formations due to the lack of space created by the situation.

> Formations better defend against multiple attackers.
> Formations have a better chance of successfully guarding people/places.
> Anyone fleeing will break the formation.
> Anyone leaving the room will break the formation.
> Anyone moving in a formation will travel at half speed.
> Anyone fighting in a formation will attack more slowly.
> It is easier to hit someone in formation with missile weapons.
> It is more difficult to backstab, sap, or steal from someone in formation.

> form small willowy bronzed
You form a small group with the willowy, raven haired man and the bronzed, purple tattooed woman.

By forming a small group with (2) other people, they have increased the number of attackers required to impose a penalty on defense by (2).  This would effectively require 5 characters to attack one of the 3 in the formation in order to receive a penalty.  While the formation will attack less quickly and move less quickly, they will be able to sustain attacks by larger numbers.

Just something to consider.  I don't know how difficult something like this would be to code.

-LoD

That's not a bad idea, LoD.

If you took that idea and the attacker limit idea that I had and combined them, I think it might change a lot about combat in groups.

Another thing that I didn't think of was units. There should be an attacker limit of 1 on units.

Eight smaller.
Four like-size.
Two larger.
One unit.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870