The Future of Northern Nobility

Started by Tlaloc, May 28, 2006, 03:24:58 AM

Within about a week or two the groundwork for Phase 1 of the Northern Nobility Plan will be completed. Here is what's going to be happening:

When finished, all Northern Noble Houses will be open for play.

No longer will Houses Tenneshi and Winrothol be the only two Houses open in Tuluk. Instead, Houses Tenneshi, Winrothol, Kassigarh, Uaptal, Lyskae, Negean, and Dasari will all be open for play. There will now be a max number of generic noble slots in the Northlands - and players who are applying for nobles in the Northlands may feel free to apply for any option.

There will be a maximum number of two (2) noble characters allowed per House, with a total of six (6) noble 'slots' open for the players. At any given time there may be as little as three noble Houses represented by the playerbase in Tuluk, or as many as six.

There will no longer be one or two staff covering a single House, each, but instead, a small collective of staff will be overseeing all of the northern Nobility. Each staffer will be given a pair of nobles as their primaries, and will be responsible for them on an individual basis.

The Northern Noble House staff will be: Mekeda, Nusku, and myself. We can all be contacted at mekeda@armageddon.org, nusku@armageddon.org, and tlaloc@armageddon.org respectively.

The groundwork for Phase II of this plan is already in the works, and as I posted before, will not be posted about here (yet) as IC machinations need to take place to help it along. However, you can probably all be aware that, when finished, Phases I and II should form like Voltron, and:
    1) Create more tension, politics, backstabbing, alliances, marriages and murders on all levels of Tuluki Society.
    2) Give more power (in fact, an almost unprecedented amount) to the players in shaping Tuluki law, the economy, and plotlines.
    3) Give more responsibility (again, an almost unprecedented amount) to the players in handling the future of their own affairs, and even the future of the Houses and the City State as a whole.
    4) In general, hopefully solve many of the 'problems' people have had with Tuluk, while still maintaining a Tuluki feel, and 'Flava'.
As you play in Tuluk (either as a noble, commoner, or other) in the near to distant future, be aware that all of these ideas we're using have never, ever, been tried before. Please be patient as we work out the kinks in the systems you guys are inevitably going to find.

Just to cut you guys off at the pass, I'm going to create a forum in General Discussions about all this. Again, as Sanvean posted in the Clan Rotations post: these ideas are locked in, and are something we're going to try untill we decide that it's way too broken to fix (and we chuck the system), or we decide it actually is as fantastically awesome as we imagine it will be, and keep it forever.

Needless to say, I think playing in the Northlands is going to get really interesting here in the next few weeks, and (I hope) forever.
Tlaloc
Legend

This is very close to being ready now...look for an announcement soon.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!