A few tricks to help you live longer..

Started by Hot_Dancer, May 25, 2006, 12:01:10 AM

The biggest rule is caution.

Oh, and Aldiel, for a Helper, you're tossing about IC information a bunch recently...would you please remove all indication of who branches what from your first post on this thread?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

1. Don't stay logged in if you are OOCly bored.

2. Watch your back at all times.

3. Never think for a moment that the one guy you pissed off years ago forgot about you.

4. It's alright to fear/hate mages, but just stick to the fear part. Open hate gets you BBQ'd by one eventually.

5. Don't explore/hunt/forage alone.

6. If it looks big, mean, and nasty, it most likely is.

7. If the place you happen to be looks like somewhere you probably shouldn't be...get the fuck outta there and don't look back.

8. Templars don't like it when you hit on them.

9. Don't play drunk. Ever.

10. Don't play while you are sleepy. Ever.

11. It might be fun to go gallivanting around the 'rinth in full armor with a backpack full of 'sids, but you will die.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "Yang"The only opponent is within.

And by this we mean...

Within the city
Within the desert
Within the tribe
Within the clan
Within the tavern
Within arm's reach
Within an hour
Within a second

Lord Templar Hard Nose says, in sirihish:
"The only thing you have to fear... is fear itself.  Hello, I'm Fear.  Nice to meet you."

Quote from: "Resurrect"If you come across someone you suspect of being a mage, do not try to find out how uber a mage they are. Treat them like you would a loaded gun in RL.

get uber
You get the uber, pissed-looking mage.

:tucks ~uber into ~leggings with a sly look around and a pleased smile.

I must say.  This sounds like very bad advice.   8)   Also, don't try to help your friends using 'subdue'.  ICly it sounds like a good idea.  OOCly it almost never ends well.  

Corollary idea: Maybe we could get a non crim-flagged 'subdue' that required acceptance (or another version of nosave)?  Perhaps 'support'?
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Oh, and Aldiel, for a Helper, you're tossing about IC information a bunch recently...would you please remove all indication of who branches what from your first post on this thread?

I didn't read anything in Alidel's post that isn't included in the warrior help file.  Was there something else that was edited?

You know, now that I check the helpfile, I must admit that you're right.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I was about to say that for me usually works "do what is IC for your character" (which usually involves not leaving the city too much, not spam-hunting or spam-foraging, not running to the opposite city-state just because of boredom...), but then I realized that my character usually dies for the very same reason - because I do what is IC for them (trying to save The Important Person, doing their work, trusting superiors/templars..).

Don't play while drinking. It seems like it would be so much fun...and...admittedly...it is, but more of my characters die that way than any other I can think of. Not raging incompetent drunk, just tipsy and not thinking as quickly as would be ideal.

Don't cut your losses. There's mostly likely a way out in nearly every instance.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Come up with a plan, OOC and IC to make money and/or get food/water.

That should be your first and chief objective.

If that means joining a clan, fine. If that means foraging, fine. If that means trading, fine. If that means conning or performing, fine. But it should be the first thing you do IC, all other goals, objectives, and actions are secondary until you establish what you're going to do there.

After that, indulge every curious whim. Travel everywhere you can. Talk to as many people as it makes sense for you to.

Dying in new and creative, horrific and exciting ways is seriously underrated.