That's way to big! You can't wear that!

Started by Maybe42or54, May 24, 2006, 10:30:23 PM

But.. what if you could?

Could it be coded so things that are wearable are like the archery skill?
May be too big, but it might knock off a couple of your top stamina. I have in my possesion a Half-giant sized shirt. I just can't wear it? How? My whole family could fit in this thing.

Templar tells you, "Why the fuck you naked?"

get shirt pack
You get a simple sandcloth shirt from your odd backpack.
It is very light.

You have 2006 stamina.

wear shirt
You can't wear that! Too big.

I want it to be like this:
You have 2006 stamina

Wear shirt
You wear the large shirt.

You have 2004 stamina.

Thoughts? Comments? Follow-up ideas?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Maybe a byline when someone looks at your shirt: "It is obviously far too large for the wearer, very baggy and barely dangling from their shoulders." "They are too big for the wearer, only held on by a bit of rope cinching them, and then only barely." Etc.

And something in the equipment list: a too-big simple sandcloth shirt, a too-big pair of trousers, etc.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Wouldn't it also be... interesting... to wear clothes that are too small for you?

the fat man
<torso> a little coat
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cegar"Wouldn't it also be... interesting... to wear clothes that are too small for you?

the fat man
<torso> a little coat

ROFL!
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "Cegar"Wouldn't it also be... interesting... to wear clothes that are too small for you?

the fat man
<torso> a little coat
He'd just break it.

the fat man
<torso> a little coat
Well, if it's too small you can't get into it. Two ideas:

Corsets or other constricting undergarments that would make you able to wear smaller clothes. But this would require garment layering which we don't have.

wear coat
Is it too small. Are you sure you want to try? (y/n)
n
You decide not to try.
y
You try hard to squeeze into the garment. Eventually you succeed, but it's difficult and painful. (stem penalty)
y
You try hard to squeeze into the garment. It's just too small, and you end up busting a seam and destroying the garment. (either you don't have it anymore or you have a busted garment object. Ex. a back-laced gold bodice becomes a busted gold bodice which tailors can fix. A pair of black trousers becomes a ripped pair of black trousers.)
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

the fat-assed noble is in excellent condition.

<worn across back>      a bigass nobly sword
<worn on torso>           a frilly white shirt of silk
<worn on legs>            a frilly pair of torn black pantaloons

I kind of like what that could do to rp
and to people being able to afford clothes that fit, or in the case of nobles,
deliberatly wear stylishly too big clothes.

Unless your Allanaki, then you buy tight clothing.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Imagine coded ass-of-your-pants ripping?
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Intresting idea...
Corsets and such changing the shape of your PC, slightly, but enough to pass off as someone with a diffrent body shape none the less. from slight to heavier.

assess -v spy
this spy is lighter then you.

when in reality he is the same weight.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

the fat man
<torso> a little coat

Awesome.

That is all.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

I like this. And I don't think just nobility would be wearing 'stylishly too big', because there's a difference. If it's stylish, then the garment was actually tailored to fit the person, but in a baggy fashion and would reflect so. That actually sounds more like a style thing than size, there could be a new Kadius line of 'baggy' clothing that would still be the correct coded size.

But say your rinthi can't afford clothes so steals a big shirt, or your rinthi only gets to wear their bigger/smaller siblings castoffs, and can't afford tailoring. Being able to wear the clothing would be great. At the end of the look item desc, if it's being worn have tacked on about the clothing being ill-fitted because it's clearly too big/small, and in the look person, you'd see a huge/baggy/loose/snug/extremely tight patched shirt and a pair of huge/baggy/loose/snug/extremely tight tattered brown pants.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Question, though.

Could you hide things in a 'baggy' shirt?  Could you keep a dagger "inside" a pair of 'baggy' pants?

Is there a coded potential for usefulness, as well as the coded awesome of actually being able to break from the coded parameters of FITS|DOES NOT FIT?
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

I've seen some give in clothes...two characters that wee not the same height/weight as each other were able to wear some of the same 'fitted' items.  It's not an exact thing, having something sized.

Tailored items are just that, fit to exactly the owner.  There are some items like this in game...but they're all those items.  It would be nice if you could go to the tailor NPCs to have something fitted for normal cost...or tailored for twice as much (just pulling an amount out of nowhere), adding a descriptor like the 'new' 'used' 'worn' etc...though, that's a different idea.

I'd rather leave things the way they are for the OP's idea.  Like I said, the tailor NPC doesn't disallow everyone...there is some give in sizing.  Everything's a little baggy.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

What i'd like to see is to have anything crafted not have a set size, the size becomes set to the first person to wear it, until then, it would fit anyone.

Quote from: "Anonymous"What i'd like to see is to have anything crafted not have a set size, the size becomes set to the first person to wear it, until then, it would fit anyone.
I'd prefer "craft X X X into SOMETHING size Y"

Or the ability to target someone while crafting, to make it fit them.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."