RPT?

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, May 22, 2006, 10:39:24 PM

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19124
Hmm... does a "world" RPT constitute an HRPT?
Oh, please say it does! We need some full-on, massive-scale, Halaster-style carnage!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

*Smacks forehead*
Also, just realized I can't make this.
Fuck.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

It already is an HRPT

Halaster Recommended P-killing Time

He's trying to lull you all into a false sense of security because it doesn't have the HRPT lable in the title.

So his death count will be higher.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

NOO!! My character died yesterday and I was going to take some down time and gather myself for a new role...Now I'm torn between rolling up a new character to participate in said RPT or hopeing beyond hope that my Special App. comes through on time!!

..there are some decision that no man should have to make...
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

While we speak about hard decisions: 8pm EST is 2am for me and indeed, the next morning I have something important I should attend - and should be fully awake for.  :roll:

I reckon the Imms should code a version of Arm that doesn't have real life.

Your an aussie John, I can't figure out what time it would be because of daylight savings...How's the situation for us poor saps?

Quote from: "ThirdEye"Your an aussie John, I can't figure out what time it would be because of daylight savings...How's the situation for us poor saps?
According to this it's 10:00:00 a.m. Monday May 29, 2006 (which to me sounds right).

To work it out by hand EST is GMT+5 and we're GMT+10. No daylight savings to contend with.

I think that's right anyway. Can anyone double check?

I believe 8pm Sunday EST is 10am Monday in Sydney.

EDITed to add: John was faster. But I agree :)

Thanks Morfeus :) I'd recommend any Australian players wake up at 9:00 at the latest. It always takes a bit to wake yourself up (10mins), have breakfast (15mins) as you won't be having lunch ;), boot up the computer and log into the game (10mins) and then when the RPT starts it's always good to be in the middle of doing something, rather then logging in and going "what's going on?"

When we have an HRPT to announce, it will be announced as an HRPT, not an RPT.  Also, if anyone dies, blame Halaster, not me.  It is *always* him, not me.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Quote from: "Naiona"Also, if anyone dies, blame Halaster, not me.  It is *always* him, not me.
Quote from: "Weekly Update"
Allanaki Templarate: Halaster and Naiona.
Good god! What were the Imms thinking?

What Naiona said.  This is not a HRPT where the world goes mad.  Only a regular, plain ol' RPT.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "John"Good god! What were the Imms thinking?

They've been the clan imms for the Templars and Arm of the Dragon for quite some
time now.  Haven't you ever wondered why Allanak is so violent?
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I can't make it :( Only days I can ever make RPT's are Saturday and Sunday...Guess that would be Sunday and Monday in America.

Quote from: "Intrepid"Haven't you ever wondered why Allanak is so violent?

Not really.  Not even once.  Have you been to Allanak?  It's self-explanatory.

:D
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: "ThirdEye"I can't make it :( Only days I can ever make RPT's are Saturday and Sunday...Guess that would be Sunday and Monday in America.
If you're Australian, it's actually Friday and Saturday in America.

Yeah, that funny date line thingy does weird things...

So, yes, the weekend (sat and sun) in the US are sunday and monday in Aussie land...and vice versa, as John said, weekends in Aussie are friday and saturday in the US.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Yeah, that funny date line thingy does weird things...

So, yes, the weekend (sat and sun) in the US are sunday and monday in Aussie land...and vice versa, as John said, weekends in Aussie are friday and saturday in the US.
Except about 10:00pm (Sydney), then it's around 8:00 am in the morning (US) on the same day. Y'know, just to be confusing ;)

Since for some time I'm forced to play only in european peaks, no, I'm not going to be able to make it.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I know that starting it at this time means some European and other players can't make it.  I don't like that, but I don't have much choice.  I have RL obligations that come first, so that's about the only time I can do it.  Sorry.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"I know that starting it at this time means some European and other players can't make it.  I don't like that, but I don't have much choice.  I have RL obligations that come first, so that's about the only time I can do it.  Sorry.
That's perfectly fine (IMO ;)). While RPTs for non-American players are good, we are in the minority so I think we all understand that for the most part, they'll co-incide with when it best suits American players (after a time range has been picked that suits the staff) before non-American players are considered, because they're going to be the majority of the people involved in it.

In addition to John...

And this way, in addition, my 44th char won't die to HalasterPT :p
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Of course Europeans can make it...  It's 1 am for me, but I'll be there.  :wink:

Quote from: "James de Monet"
Quote from: "Intrepid"Haven't you ever wondered why Allanak is so violent?

Not really.  Not even once.  Have you been to Allanak?  It's self-explanatory.

:D

Why yes, actually.  Yes I have.  Been there many times.  I'm going to let you catch
up with the context of the original statement here, James.  Take all the time you
need to think about it.   :roll:
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.