Amos overtaken as most common name

Started by Raesanos, April 19, 2006, 10:39:18 PM

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Does Zalanthas even have cookies?
Yes.

And Malik isn't as cool as Amos.  Amos is both exotic but deliciously plain and a common RL name, making it the perfect newbie name.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

What is the most common female name?
anth: *tries to balance an evil laugh with a cheerful, open demeanor*

A sand-stuffed practice dummy looks down at you.

Come see Matrim's Armageddon website at:
http://ambushpaintball.com/armageddon

^---- Still Amos. ----^
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

By no means scientific - I ran a few of the female names I've seen in game more than once and these ones came up equal, still a few places behind Amos and Malik though.

Jade
Talia

A whole bunch of others were not far behind.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all. Maybe there should be a requirement for everyone to have at least one character named Amos.

Speaking of names of female pc's my Amos was female. And I'm not sure that all my Amos npcs were male.
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

I never did play an Amos-- or a Malik.

I like Lo Pan, though. I might play a sorcerer named Lo Pan someday.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Quote from: "Socko"I like Lo Pan, though. I might play a sorcerer named Lo Pan someday.

"It's all in the reflexes."
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."