Writing blocks psis?

Started by Jherlen, April 02, 2006, 09:54:24 PM

It seems that, when writing on a scroll or an in-game message board, characters can be contacted, but are unable to recieve messages over the Way. I haven't tested this extensively, but I'm fairly certain it's the case, since a number of times while I've been writing something, my PC has felt people contact his mind and then break repeatedly, until finally once he's done writing they're able to get through. Sometimes people ask if I was unconcious or had been putting a barrier up on them.

My question is, since we have the new ".x" ability to execute commands while in the writing editor, does it still make sense that psi messages should be blocked? I'd like to be able to recieve them when writing things. You could argue that maybe writing on a scroll takes too much concentration, but I don't buy that. And either way, what about the IG boards? Nobody even writes on those at all.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Write everything in a wordpad, then paste into the game. Makes editting, corrected, perfecting a snap and you can still contact people.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Wanted to bump this. You definitely can't recieve psi's while in the writing editor.

Could this be fixed? I understand that writing them in notepad first is a workaround, but it'd still be nice if it was changed.