Feedback on new request process.

Started by Raesanos, April 01, 2006, 03:40:38 PM

I'm impressed.  This is wonderful.  It's smooth, easy to understand, and makes it very easy for we, the player base, to make some simple requests of the staff.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Maybe I've missed it, but a log-out function would be nice.

I'd like an ability to skip the Introduction phase.  It's just another tedious button to click after the 5th time.

All wonderful other than that, as far as I can see at the moment.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

It looks great so far.

I think it would be neat to have a panel similar to the backend one you posted that allowed us to view the requests we have that are pending.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"It looks great so far.

I think it would be neat to have a panel similar to the backend one you posted that allowed us to view the requests we have that are pending.

This would be great.  I'm loving it so far, good luck sifting through the deluge of account note requests.

I like it.

People need to accept the cookies for the site, though.  I had to spend 15 minutes crawling around my McAffee trying to get them accepted for the site.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Ooohh.. will an application process go into this too?

That would be cool. App your new chars from your web browser, enhancing editing ability and whatnot.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

This sounds really neat, but I can't log in for some reason. Is it possible that the underscore in my account name is throwing it off?
It's not doing anything wonky, just telling me that my account name or password is incorrect despite my sincerest protests.

I believe it's case-sensitive, so make sure you're capitalizing the C in Cow?

No cigaro, and I'm copy/pasting the account name directly from GMUD. Starting to think this is all an elaborate April fool's joke on me alone, weeks in the making.

Clever...

It's weird. When mailing the MUD, you suspected (you never actually 'know' you were dealing with people on the other end. This new sort of contraption you've made is 'colder' in the sense that there feels like there's a distance between the player and the staff.

Only two ideas to add:

1. I noticed the text box messed up the formatting of my message.  I'm not sure that's a good idea.  I wonder how it will come out on the other end.

2. Maybe have a button to submit attachments?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "Raesanos"Post it here.

That's cool, man.  I like how it offers a pull-down for characters (tried out the character related portion of it).  I can see how this might be better and more organized for staff.  In addition, it may force the user to put their requests into a more logical order and it makes them include things they may forget otherwise.

Kudos.  Well appreciated.

- HK
- HK

It was the '_' in the account name, I've fixed it, please try it and let me know.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"This sounds really neat, but I can't log in for some reason. Is it possible that the underscore in my account name is throwing it off?
It's not doing anything wonky, just telling me that my account name or password is incorrect despite my sincerest protests.

Is your board name and account name on ginka different?  Are you using your board name instead of the game account name?  Just a thought.

- HK
- HK

Quote from: "HunterKiller"
Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"This sounds really neat, but I can't log in for some reason. Is it possible that the underscore in my account name is throwing it off?

Is your board name and account name on ginka different?  Are you using your board name instead of the game account name?  Just a thought.

- HK

We had a bug in handling account names with '_' in them.  (As I posted in the post before yours.  This has been fixed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Works like a charm. Great stuff folks.

I love that you get an email from the imm that sorted out your request, letting you know that it was handled.

That's awesome!  I do hope that's totally automated for you guys so you don't have to bother sending an actual email.

My suggestion: make that email include what the submitted issue was, maybe by just including what the user inputted as the request.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"I love that you get an email from the imm that sorted out your request, letting you know that it was handled.

That's awesome!  I do hope that's totally automated for you guys so you don't have to bother sending an actual email.

My suggestion: make that email include what the submitted issue was, maybe by just including what the user inputted as the request.

It's close to automated, it builds the mail for us, and if we don't have anything else to say, we just hit 'send'.  I'll work on adding the details of the request to it as well.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

It's worked great for me. Awesome work.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Neato. I think you should be able to submit Items, room desc, and the like with it though. Definitely cut down on time. I dunno, maybe you can and the portal cutting through space/time that I use to contact you all is simply disabling it. *shrugs* oh well. It's definitely cool though.
quote="Naiona"]I don't know nothing 'bout birthin' no muls, Miss Scarlet!  I don't know nothing![/quote]

This is actually a curious idea. Is it possible to make an automatic object submission form of this type? For example, an object should have short description, main description, weight, function, durrability, etc. Just have the same form which requies all boxes (seperate box for that description, or this description) filled out and sent in.

A long time ago an imm made something like this for a clan.  Maybe he kept it where other imms could get to it.

- HK
- HK

Alas, he did not.  I think it's a good idea, just a matter of one of us having time to gather info on how it should work and then put it together.