Three AM Central Time

Started by Bebop, March 24, 2006, 04:16:26 AM

Everyday at 3am Central Time give or take 10 min.  The game goes down.  Well it glitches for about 30 min straight kicking you off.  The important thing is not how I know this, or why I am up at 3 am playing this cursed, lovely game but why for the past at least 3 of 4 days.  This has been the case.  It's like clockwork.  I'm not the only one that has noticed this I'm sure.  On second that maybe which is kind of sad.

But I just was wondering why?

Also what exactly was the bug with the hunger thing or whatever it was.  Because it seems like it tells you when you are hungry or thirsty more often now.  I personally don't like knowing when I'm a little hungry or a little thirsty at constant intervals.  It gets irksome  plus it's just distracting.  I just want to know if I'm hungry or thirsty.

^_^ Bebop

Yeahp... I've noticed it too.  Highly irritating when you're in the middle of something extremely important (yes... important things do happen at 3-4am) and the game goes down for 30 straight minutes and won't let you log back in.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

I noticed it hiccup at 12:00 am PST today and I got booted at 1:00 am PST.  Well, I think it was 12:06 and 1:06, but I'm guessing that's because of the clock time on my box.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Not just 3am but other intermittent times as well. The server doesn't crash, nor does it, as I've seen suggested, exhibit symptoms of 'a run away process' as someone without access to the server suggested. I don't have access to the server, I don't need to. Traceroute shows the upstream connectivity for the ginka host to be euchred. That's a technical term. It's hosed, like a bad switch at the ISP hosting it or some malfunction causing them to completely lose bandwidth.

It is happening for this reason:

Ginka's daily maintenance
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Bebop"
Also what exactly was the bug with the hunger thing or whatever it was.  Because it seems like it tells you when you are hungry or thirsty more often now.  I personally don't like knowing when I'm a little hungry or a little thirsty at constant intervals.  It gets irksome  plus it's just distracting.  I just want to know if I'm hungry or thirsty.

^_^ Bebop

We extended the range at which you get notified of being hungry or thirsty.  We did this because before the range was very small, and people were going from not thirsty to dehydrating so quickly that they weren't getting any of the messages.  Part of this was due to where they were causing more hunger/thirst loss, and the other was that the range was small compared to the relative loss.  Instead of trying to fix the loss rates (which could have caused more problems), I added to the range so that you are notified earlier when you are a little hungry.  If you don't like the message, you could fill yourself up, or use a client to gank the 'little hungry/thirsty' message and you'll be back basically where it was before.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Morgenes"
Quote from: "Bebop"

^_^ Bebop

We extended the range at which you get notified of being hungry or thirsty.  We did this because before the range was very small, and people were going from not thirsty to dehydrating so quickly that they weren't getting any of the messages.  Part of this was due to where they were causing more hunger/thirst loss, and the other was that the range was small compared to the relative loss.  Instead of trying to fix the loss rates (which could have caused more problems), I added to the range so that you are notified earlier when you are a little hungry.  If you don't like the message, you could fill yourself up, or use a client to gank the 'little hungry/thirsty' message and you'll be back basically where it was before.

I do like how thirst works better there sometimes that all of the sudden I would be suffering from dehydration and never have been alerted previously.