Losing players?

Started by Jherlen, February 18, 2006, 10:52:04 PM

Quote from: "At 9:49 PM EST on February 18th, Ginka"
>who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 72 players currently in the world, other than yourself.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Just lost me! Kidding.

Man, I find it pretty bogus that there's this whole "loss of players" scare going on.

We'll always have a bunch of players.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

There is no loss of players going on.  Whoever keeps bringing it up is incorrect.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Saying that there is a loss of players is tantamount to high treason.

And the Highlord doesn't like high treason.  :evil:
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

There is no secret IMM plot where players "vanish" after we show up at your houses in the middle of the night.  That's just silly talk.  And if it wasn't, I'd pretty much blame Halaster.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Yes.

There is no secret IMM plot.

They merely came over for tea.  All is well.

It was just tea.  Happy tea.  A pleasant social visit.

And what we ate was curdled custard... grey curdled custard.

Please go about your business, there is nothing to see here.  Nothing.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in violation of the laws of treason and mindcrime.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Heh. Some players think otherwise I'm sure.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Beware the thought police.

Hey, Allanak should have thought police.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cegar"Beware the thought police.

Hey, Allanak should have thought police.

Ummm... FIND OUT IC.  :wink:
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

I came here a few years ago, and play on European times. 72 players is a huge lot to me. If I stayed up past midnight, towards your EST prime-time, there'd sometimes be over fifty about, and I thought that was fantastic - and still do. I actually thought this thread was a play at irony until everyone else took it seriously.

Anyhow, while seventy players is a great deal, I think we're on our way to losing some. We're leaving winter, which is when our numbers peak, and approaching summer, where our numbers reach a low. It's all cyclic though, and we'll be back up come autumn.

Even if we're not losing players, we can always use more and more players.  More, I say!  MORE, MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *foams at the mouth*
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Well, you've got me back full time again. I quit for a little while. Still played, just not as much. Now I'm back full time, and ready to kick some ass.

Quote from: "Naiona"There is no secret IMM plot where players "vanish" after we show up at your houses in the middle of the night.  That's just silly talk.  And if it wasn't, I'd pretty much blame Halaster.
You lie! it was you who visited my house at night, not Halaster! and... and....brainz *faints*

I could swear I used to see higher numbers during euro times than I do now.

Its great that EST evenings have so many players, though.

I'm taking Halaster's side on this one. Naiona just chewed on the brains of those causing the player loss scare, felt bad for their empty shells, and vomited their brains back up. Thus, causing those players to think irrationally.

Naiona feels like she knows everything about 'braineating'.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Yokunama"Naiona feels like she knows everything about 'braineating'.
There is a very simple reason for this.  She does.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Yokunama"Naiona feels like she knows everything about 'braineating'.
There is a very simple reason for this.  She does.

That was a level up message. :P

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Anyone else get the idea there might be some validity to the point of closing a few clans if we can have close to 80 people logged in and some still feeling like there aren't enough characters with which to interact?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Alright. So close A city down.

Too many people is just as bad as not enough, IMHO.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Alright. So close A city down.

The city starting with A.?  :twisted:

Quote from: "Morfeus"
Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Alright. So close A city down.

The city starting with A.?  :twisted:
No, a T.  :twisted:

Quote from: "Akaramu"I could swear I used to see higher numbers during euro times than I do now.

I've been playing euro times regularly for the past few years and I'd say that they've slowly increased a bit over that time. Four years ago it used to be 20 - 25 during evenings GMT and thats gone up to about 30 - 35 now and would generally be up over the 40 mark by before midnight. It seems to me that numbers are up all over. I'm even seeing more players on during euro days when I log in sometimes from work. Used to be I'd see only one or two online during those times but its pretty frequently around the seven or eight mark now.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: "Boggis"
Quote from: "Akaramu"I could swear I used to see higher numbers during euro times than I do now.

I've been playing euro times regularly for the past few years and I'd say that they've slowly increased a bit over that time. Four years ago it used to be 20 - 25 during evenings GMT and thats gone up to about 30 - 35 now and would generally be up over the 40 mark by before midnight. It seems to me that numbers are up all over. I'm even seeing more players on during euro days when I log in sometimes from work. Used to be I'd see only one or two online during those times but its pretty frequently around the seven or eight mark now.

Yeah, pretty much use to be only me and Boggis on at Euro times.

You are -so- wrong, Ritley.

I guess Akaramu meant euro daytime, and it is true that I noticed a slight decrease over last few months (from 10-12 around GMT noon to 2-5 nowadays). I guess that if we sum up mine and Boggis's experiences we'll come to a simpe result: There's no change (nor spoon) :P
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Quote from: "Anael"You are -so- wrong, Ritley.

I guess Akaramu meant euro daytime, and it is true that I noticed a slight decrease over last few months (from 10-12 around GMT noon to 2-5 nowadays). I guess that if we sum up mine and Boggis's experiences we'll come to a simpe result: There's no change (nor spoon) :P

No.. honest to god. I mean early, early Euro times... and this morning 1 - 4... so mebbe me Boggis, Aneal, and Akarumu?
P.S
There are 32 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

That's a pretty good number for this time. WOOOH!

Quote from: "Ritley"
Quote from: "Anael"You are -so- wrong, Ritley.

No.. honest to god. I mean early, early Euro times... and this morning 1 - 4... so mebbe me Boggis, Aneal, and Akarumu?

I think you are still wrong  :wink:

Quote from: "Morfeus"The city starting with A.?  :twisted:

Just so.  Starting with A and ending with h shit, why'd they have to bring back Tuluk?
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "Ritley"
There are 32 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

That's a pretty good number for this time. WOOOH!

Thats because it was a sunday  :wink:

I used to see 40 on euro evenings on weekdays.

Let's see... I'm not good at time converting.  But it's 9:30am EST here and this is what's going on:

Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 8 players currently in the world, other than yourself.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

I believe 9:30 am EST is 2:30 pm GMT.  I am playing all around the clock because I work changing day and night shifts and IMO 9:30 am EST is just the time when the mud is waking up. In my experience, most dead time is a bit before and around GMT noon (EST 4-6am).

I'm on from about 11pm-12pm.  Sometimes I see as few as 3 players on.  -shrug-  Doesn't phase me.  I like solo-rp.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."