Independance, is it possible?

Started by Jarod550, January 07, 2006, 09:51:51 PM

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Interacting with other players is the ONLY point there is to Armageddon.

I quite disagree.  The point in playing Armageddon is to interact with a world, people and environment rich enough in history, culture and description as to creatively play out the life of your character.  To say that interacting with players is the only point to Armageddon is the same as saying interacting with people is the only point to life.

And that also is not true.

There are plenty of characters that would hardly ever interact with another PC and be a complete, well played character.

-LoD

I think, LoD, that ERS was saying that it's no fun to play without interacting with others.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"I think, LoD, that ERS was saying that it's no fun to play without interacting with others.

A more accurate statement by ERS would be, "For me, interaction with characters is the only point of Armageddon."  To assume that it is the same for every other person playing this game is a bit presumptuous and small minded.  Must everyone also enjoy the characters he enjoys, do the things he does, play the way he plays?

He mentions that he'll hate a character and a player (if he knows them) that kills one of his PC's.  Is that good?  Is that what everyone should do?  I was objecting the wide sweeping statement of any arguing what one single POINT of Armageddon is.  The point of any group game is to enjoy yourself while staying true to the rules and spirit of the game.

One could play a hermit, sorcerer, hunter, tribal, exile or any number of roles that have a very limited amount of interaction and still have a great time interacting with the environment and overcoming personal goals.  Maybe not everyone would enjoy the me vs. the world challenge without having constant PC-PC interaction, but some do.

-LoD

Indies are great!  You don't have to be totally polarized about it.  Some characters join Merchant/Mercenary houses for a few years and then move on.  Other Clan require lifetime comitments.  Some characters are going to be devoted to one thing or another, other characters can't stay sober long enough to hold down a job.  Race, ethnic, mutation, and spice preference can also dictate weather your character remains indie or goes into a house (Probably eventually leading something).  
ERS has played this game longer than I have and has gone through  one character for every twelve of my own.  We have very different styles and opinions, but I respect his thoughts on the matter of indies.  If he's coming across a bit strong on some points, it's because he's been stuck in Allanak too long and has become grumpy.
-Yc