Just a Reminder

Started by Sanvean, December 07, 2005, 06:58:21 PM

While I understand the desire to recruit for one's clan, I've seen a lot of this lately happening without letting the staff know.  If you're recruiting for your clan (which I have mixed feelings about because it seems to encourage OOC communication), please let the staff know what's up.

Under no circumstances give out the login and password to clan docs to someone who is not in the clan.  If they want to see the docs, have them email mud.

Thanks.

I'm a bit confused about this one and it may be me who you're pointing fingers at. I usually either let the staff know with a courtesy email who I've recruited right away, in an hour or so, or sometimes *eek* a day later. This is just because the web isn't always available for me, but I usually inform the staff within reasonable time.

As for docs, I usually give them out after I've officially recruited them into the clan. Hopefully this is a-ok since they are officially in the clan once recruited and the docs hold necessary information every player of that clan needs to know.

The OOC part confused me most. Do you mean recruiting characters encourages OOC communication on the Clan Boards? Or is this aimed at indepenent clans who don't have a section on the GDB for OOC communication who'll have to use other OOC methods to communicate?

Thanks.

I mean that messaging a buddy saying "Hey, I'm playing a (insert name here), come play one" can lead to "Hey, my character just died, come and loot the body" or "Hey, I'm in trouble, log on and help me, out I'm nnnnneewnsssss from the campground" or "Hey, I can't figure out the special reach that allows you to walk in space, can you help me out?"

Giving docs to someone in the clan is fine; saying "Hey, run a Fungus Dwarf, if you want to check out the docs before you make the char, here's the password" is not okay.

Letting the staff know what's up is important.  For example, the clan you've joined and recruiting ten million other players for may not be ready for that big an influx.  Or the character concept may not fit with the clan for reasons you're not aware of.