Stuff you LOVE about Arm

Started by Vox, December 05, 2005, 02:32:38 AM

Quote from: "LauraMars"I love new players.  OMG THEY RULE.  Best thing since travel cakes.

Someone keep the newbs from her... She's acting crazy about them...

Newb quickly ducks down behind some logs and hides!

Most of all I love the mudsex.  The sheer variety of sexual positions and things you can do during vcopulation is staggering.  Thank you, Sanvean, and any other coder who took part in that.  Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

I love the feeling you get when you log in after a LONG ass time away, kinda bummed that all your old relationships are gone, and you then run into/contact someone who you were SURE would be dead by now, and it's like a real reunion... with a psycho cold war twist.

I love the feeling in the pit of your gut when you realize that someone just asked you a question that you've NEVER been asked before, and have never planned for, and that you have never given even an iota of thought to.

The feeling of screwing up unbelievably and then clawing and screaming at all of your creativity until you come up with some way to survive this disaster that NO one would ever believe happened anyway.

The feeling of the first time you get taken in by the Templarate.

First time you meet a mage in a dark alley/outside the walls.

The fact that you can go almost anywhere on the mud, and you can sit there and picture, almost perfectly, every place around it from just the descriptions.  Some places are so well written that you almost get lost in reading them until something vicious leaps out and eats you whole.

The magick system.  Hands down, the BEST of any online RPG.

I love the fact that the word "Arena" is not exactly a joyous thing here.

fuck it, I love the whole damn mud, and every feeling you get from it.

Thanks, Staff, I guess I love you too, vicariously. You folks rule.

Actually, looking at the emotional physics of it all, I guess I love the MUD vicariously.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "Malifaxis"Most of all I love the mudsex.  The sheer variety of sexual positions and things you can do during vcopulation is staggering.  Thank you, Sanvean, and any other coder who took part in that.  Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

I love the feeling you get when you log in after a LONG ass time away, kinda bummed that all your old relationships are gone, and you then run into/contact someone who you were SURE would be dead by now, and it's like a real reunion... with a psycho cold war twist.

I love the feeling in the pit of your gut when you realize that someone just asked you a question that you've NEVER been asked before, and have never planned for, and that you have never given even an iota of thought to.

The feeling of screwing up unbelievably and then clawing and screaming at all of your creativity until you come up with some way to survive this disaster that NO one would ever believe happened anyway.

The feeling of the first time you get taken in by the Templarate.

First time you meet a mage in a dark alley/outside the walls.

The fact that you can go almost anywhere on the mud, and you can sit there and picture, almost perfectly, every place around it from just the descriptions.  Some places are so well written that you almost get lost in reading them until something vicious leaps out and eats you whole.

The magick system.  Hands down, the BEST of any online RPG.

I love the fact that the word "Arena" is not exactly a joyous thing here.

fuck it, I love the whole damn mud, and every feeling you get from it.

Thanks, Staff, I guess I love you too, vicariously. You folks rule.

Actually, looking at the emotional physics of it all, I guess I love the MUD vicariously.

okay, I always thought mudsex was a joke.

Do some people actually do that to get off..  :shock:

I love how the influence of other players and situations can change things so unexpectedly, from a single scene to an entire character concept.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I love the feeling of being even a small reason of people having fun.

I love ARM Logo.

I love Mar.

I love Armageddon GDB.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

I love when IMMs approve characters really quickly, as they often do.  It's awesome to get a quick turn-around time.

Gaare, I know you're trying to work on your English, so I'm just going to give you a quick suggestion that I've noticed in your writing:

You forget to use "the".  Your post should have read something like this:

I love the ARM Logo.
I love the Armageddon GDB.

You used it in the sentence before those, though:
QuoteI love the feeling of being even a small reason of people having fun.
Just don't forget it for shorter sentences and remarks.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Jarod550"okay, I always thought mudsex was a joke.

I love how some people don't get jokes.  :wink:

I'm with Mali, though.  Everything in this game and the emotional responses you can get to it.  I've never felt the gut wrench when something happens in a game like in this one.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Jarod550"okay, I always thought mudsex was a joke.

I love how some people don't get jokes.  :wink:

I'm with Mali, though.  Everything in this game and the emotional responses you can get to it.  I've never felt the gut wrench when something happens in a game like in this one.

Bah!

:evil:

I love the Byn and I love Allanak.

If you asked me what my favorite things about Armageddon were a couple months ago, neither of those would've been on my list. My only regret is not discovering them sooner.

I love Gaare. I love THE Gaare... I love... erm... love English? The English?  :roll:

Sorry for digging up this thread, but I simply have no self-control at all.

What I , Mr. Random Q Newbie, just love about this game is that it's bound to be the most immersive experience I have ever had while playing at a computer. Armageddon is like some kind of mighty vortex that has sucked me into Zalanthas, having me craving for more.
See, I am only twelve hours into the game. My roleplaying abilities are lacking. Not too bad (I hope), mind you, but miles away from deserving to be called top-notch. And at least a kilometre away from being very good, too. My English is not the best. I am not inept at reading it, but when writing it very quickly I sometimes have a hard time remembering certain words; something that really bugs me.
Still: My very first character got approved. He got himself into trouble quickly, having stupidly spent most of his 'sid without thinking too much about it. So he gets thrown into the prison (he deserved it, really), suffering from boredom (Mind you, I am playing at rather odd times. I'd call thirty players a crowd.). Anyway, bamn! A templar comes to have some fun with me. I never met a real pc templar before, so picture my terror! I was fearing for my characters life, and my character was doing the same, of couse. Anyway, it turns out that that templar, while being as mean as all templars are supposed to be,  introduced me to some quality torture, showing my character true fear. That was such a golden moment. And guess what? In the end, my character even survived, although he did not actually deserve to live.  I felt so unbelievably happy then!

How can I not love Armageddon; how can I refrain from praising it after such a great experience?
Looking back at the logs, it turns out that I actually sucked at roleplaying that scene out, as my RL fear must have blocked my neurons. Still, thanks to the great templar and his very understanding behaviour (RL (of course)), I had a lot of fun there. And I hope he did, too.
Anyway, that's why I just love this game. Immersion. A strange, harsh world where archieving little accomplishments feels like a big deed. Where you have to watch your back at all times. Where friends are mostly just foes on vacation.
So, thanks, Staff. All players, and especially me, are in your debt for allowing us to dwell in Zalanthas.

I forgot to log on, as it seems. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I figure that an account here would help me if I am to become a member of the highly-esteemed group of Armageddon-junkies.
Again, I'm sorry for this semi-double-post. (Well, a semi-double-post actually is a single post, so I should be fine)
 guy called Descartes once said: ¨I think, therefore I am.¨
It's comforting to know that most people don't exist.

~Ozymandias

I see experienced players forget to log in all the time too, J. :)
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I love Larrath.

And Naiona, for making me read George R.R. Martin. <3

I love the total lack of guilt in being the Known World's slimiest prick.

I sleep like a baby.

Seeker

Edit: slimy... slimiest.  eh.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "JStuart"I felt so unbelievably happy then!

WAAAAAA NEW PLAYER!!  I know how you feel!

WELCOME! *glomp*
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I love the collection of cheap souls that I have obtained over the years.

And I love Armageddon too.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

The self-satisfying and ever-motivating knowledge that there is STILL something out there that I've not yet discovered!
The complexity.
The sheer attention to detail.
The extra effort to make it vividly-descriptive to add ambience.
The magick system.
The enforced-RP.
The trade economy and the crafting system.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

That we can kill each other's pcs with good IC reason and not hold any grudges. We can look back on them with fond memories. I have some fun experiences with pc's deaths, both my own and others I've played with.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "jhunter"That we can kill each other's pcs with good IC reason and not hold any grudges. We can look back on them with fond memories. I have some fun experiences with pc's deaths, both my own and others I've played with.

Seconded.  In most RP muds, PK instantly creates factions among players and makes roleplay pretty lousy at times.  For inexplicable reasons, one player's characters always hate another player's characters, and they always try to kill each other.  And you have the flames and the other nastiness bundled with that.

In most of the cases where I died to PCs, I've had a great time and couldn't wait to play some more with them.

But don't think I've forgotten.  Revenge will come.  Oh yes.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

QuoteSeconded. In most RP muds, PK instantly creates factions among players and makes roleplay pretty lousy at times. For inexplicable reasons, one player's characters always hate another player's characters, and they always try to kill each other. And you have the flames and the other nastiness bundled with that.

I would agree.  No factions here...can't even figure out who people are most of the time.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I just plain love this game.

The magick system is the best.

The first time I saw someone casting in the wilds... My first death to a magicker.

The Byn.

Mixing things up and causing trouble between two groups of people before stepping back and watching them go at it.

Coming back and being welcomed every time.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I love the fact that I can create character after character, and it never gets old. Every one of is new and different to me.

Getting thrown in jail.

Those moments when my character gets in trouble for ME mixing up "say" and "think".

Permadeath.

Waiting anxiously for a character to be approved.

Saltworms.

Throwing stew at folks.

Playing a character that's gone insane.

And.. as embarassed as I am to admit it:
I love getting my pants stolen in the 'Rinth.  :oops:
With a dip of her head, the half-elf girl says to the short-ass dwarf, in  sirihish:
     "Yeah, okay. Well, thanks for the meat.

His head bobbing, the short-ass dwarf says to the half-elf girl, in sirihish:
      "Thas what she said."

The Byn's (not so anymore) frequent trips over the shield wall.
Gamblin' with souls since '79'