Sunslits and Sandstorms!

Started by Eternal, January 20, 2003, 02:03:20 AM

Spinning off of another thread I read sometime when I wasn't as drugged as I am right now...

I think we should see sunslits, that, for purposes of visibility, reduce the effects of sandstorms in your area.  A good example would be that if you were in a blinding sandstorm, you would be able to see your immediate vicinity, but not anything beyond the room you were in.

I don't believe this would be overly difficult to code, but I am unfamiliar with Armageddon's version of Diku (which, as I have heard, is two steps from Ginka declaring itself sentient).  I believe there are already items in game with coded effects... like, hmm, shall I call them the boots that are made for walkin'?

Just a bone for discussion... I did, however, Idea it in game.

I wouldn't like sunslits to be the only objects to have it. It's bad enough when people forget to take their sunslits off to begin with, but now we'd have everyone doing it. How about this, make it so it doesn't really help in the city. And not only sunslits, veiled surmacs, veils (Not the decorative ones though), you know.. things like that.