Making a memorable character

Started by Ritley, November 19, 2005, 01:42:09 PM

The key to being remembered is simple. Stay alive. The key to staying alive is being a twink for the first few rl months of play. Most people will flame me for this, but I truly believe this is how you should go about it. Don't attempt anything dangerous or memorable or dumb to early in your PCs life. Wait it out, and be bored, but get strong through well disguised and rationalized twinking (as opposed to overt twinking which is frowned upon) until you are capable of keeping other characters alive.

Once you are at this point, become a great leader of other PCs and do great things. Travel far and wide, kill rogue magickers etc.

Quote from: "HowToGetFamous"The key to being remembered is simple. Stay alive.
Unless you stay alive for a completely ridiculous amount of time, like over an RL year, simple longevity won't make you truly memorable.  People would know who the character is, but that's not the same.
Quote from: "HowToGetFamous"
The key to staying alive is being a twink for the first few rl months of play. Most people will flame me for this, but I truly believe this is how you should go about it.
That's just totally incorrect.  Sure, with twinking it's very possible and very easy to live forever - just sit in a tavern, bow to people and do some minimal mining to buy flour and water.  But it's not the point at all.  The key to staying alive is understanding how the game world works and what your character's role is.  If you understand that templars are basically forced to kill you if you spit in their faces, you'll have an easier time dealing with them.

This also ties to the next point, with which I agree (disregarding the twinking part:
Don't attempt anything dangerous or memorable or dumb to early in your PCs life. Wait it out, and be bored...
Once you are at this point, become a great leader of other PCs and do great things. Travel far and wide, kill rogue magickers etc.
Being a good leader of other characters has absolutely nothing to do with stats.  Leadership isn't charging at bahamets and killing them, leadership is primarily, to me, helping other characters deepen their roleplay and characters and flesh things out better.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?